Using our new UI? You might want to check this help article instead.
If you are of a meticulous disposition it is fairly safe to assume that you'll be eager to test how your newsletter design looks every few steps, or at least right before you unleash it upon the world.
We're with you!
That is why we made it easy to check the results of your handiwork - and we've provided two ways to go about it, based on the status of your design: if you're still working on your design through the Editor page, you can get a rough preview of your work using the available Preview Mode. If you're one click away from having it dispatched to your subscribers, you might prefer to send a test email campaign to a couple of email addresses of your choice and check how it really feels to open your campaign through an actual email client.
Let's see how this is done:
1. Click on the Send Test button, located on the top of the Editor page.
2. Type the email address to which you want to send the test campaign, on the appropriate field on the left side of your Editor page.
3. Click on the + sign on the same field, to add the email address as a recipient of your test campaign.
You can repeat steps #2 and #3 to add up to six email addresses as additional recipients of your test campaign.
4. Click the X button located next to an address that you've added, to have it removed from the address-list for this test.
5. Click on the Send Test button, located underneath the email addresses, to send the test campaign.
A pop-up window will ask you to confirm that you want to proceed with the test campaign, and if you choose to move ahead a success alert will inform you that the test has been shipped.
6. Click on the BACK TO EDIT MODE button, located on the top left of the Editor page to return to editing your campaign design.
Oh, and don't neglect checking your inbox for the test campaign - you did add your inbox, right? Well, it should be there already, go take a look!
If you utilize Personalization Tags (e.g. Recipient First Name, Email, etc) those won't work on test campaigns, since tests like the one you've just sent don't go through to actual subscriber lists and the necessary information isn't available. Worry not, all personalization tags will be there when you actually dispatch your campaign to your eager subscribers.