You can add a "Then set custom field value" action in your workflow to specify the value of a custom field using automation. For example, this can be useful if you have a custom field that changes in value whenever a subscriber makes a purchase on your site. If your currently available custom fields aren't what you are looking for, you can always set up your own Custom Fields and then add them to your action.
Important: Changes in your email lists and your custom fields may affect your automation when using this type of action, so make sure that you take this under consideration.
To add a Then set a custom field value action in a workflow:
Click + below any part of your workflow where you want to add a Then set a custom field value action. In the example below, the "When someone subscribes to any list" trigger has been selected.
- The Select action dialog opens with the Conditional/Control steps tab in the left menu.
Click the Actions tab.
- Click the arrow beside the Then set a custom field value action. The Then set a custom field value dialog appears.
- In Custom Field, select the custom field which you want to set a new value for.
Important: Beside each available custom field, the name of the list where each belongs is indicated in brackets. If a subscriber triggers your automation, even though they are not subscribed to that particular email list to which the custom field belongs, then they are added to that list automatically.
- In the Create Member field, select if you want to create the member if it does not exist in the email list. You have three options:
- Yes - Create the member if it does not exist
- Yes - Create the member if it does not exist as verified, I have consent from an external source
- No - Do not create a new member
- Click Save.