Once you're done connecting your website to Moosend using one of our available plugins, or through custom installation, your tracking will be automatically verified upon the first event received.
To see whether your installation is successfully tracking events, follow the steps below:
1. Click on the Account button, located on the left side of your Dashboard page.
2. Choose the Tracked Websites option, on the menu that appears.
B. The verification status of the Website
1. Check the verification status of each website you have added to your tracked websites list.
The verification status beside each website will indicate whether there's a verified connection between your domain and Moosend's tracking capabilities, or if no such verification has taken place yet (VERIFIED and UNVERIFIED respectively).
If at any point you decide against having your site on your list of tracked websites you can always remove it. Make sure though, that you first learn all about Moosend Automations and how you can use them in conjunction with your website tracking to engage your customers on a completely new level!
About Moosend Website Tracking
Moosend website tracking is a web analysis service provided by Moosend Ltd. The data collected is made available to the client for actionable insights (reporting, segmentation and automations). Direct access to the data is only provided to the client through the use of our platform. The data may be used in anonymised, aggregated form from Moosend Ltd. for reporting purposes.
Moosend website tracking uses proprietary, cookie-based, technology to track data on end-user page visits, product views, user cart and purchase information including but not limited to product quantity and pricing. Data collection at any of the above levels can be turned on or off by the relevant Moosend client. Moosend has no control on the status or information shared through its website tracking feature. More specifically the cookie-technology stores:
- An identification number to uniquely identify a users browser session.
- An identification number to uniquely identify a browser. It's not possible to uniquely identify a device through this feature
- An identification number to uniquely the relevant website.
- Relevant flags to enable or disable certain library features including but no limited to the exit-intent functionality
Identifying Specific Users
Moosend website tracking uses proprietary, cookie-based, technology to link the aforementioned data to a specific user identified by his email address. This setup allows for a more accurate tracking of end-users by associating that user with the same ID over various sessions and devices. This functionality is called
Identify. Specific user data collection as part of the identify functionality can be turned on or off by the relevant Moosend client. Moosend has no control on the status or information shared through its website tracking feature.