Moosend Website Tracking lets you record your website visitors actions and tie them to your campaigns.
By adding the code snippets that we provide to areas of your website HTML, you allow Moosend to check what your site visitors are doing at any given time. These events can be later used to trigger the automations you design, to create the ultimate personalization experience.
Let's see how it's done:
A. Finding the Tracked Websites page
1. Click on the Account button, located on the right top corner of your Moosend account.
2. Choose the Tracked Websites option, on the menu that appears.
B. Adding a website to your tracking list
The first time you visit the Tracked Websites page you'll be prompted to fill-in your website's domain right away. Whenever you revisit the Tracked Websites page it will contain a list of the websites you've already added.
1. Click on the Add Website button to add a new website to your list.
2. Fill-in the domain of your website on the Website Domain area.
Keep in mind that your domain name will only be used to view instructions on how to install and configure the relevant tracking script.
3. Click on the Next button.
As soon as your website becomes connected to your Moosend account, a new mailing list will be created automatically, containing all upcoming subscribers of the website you have successfully connected.
C. Tracking an e-commerce platform or CMS
If you want to track the actions on your favourite e-commerce platform or CMS you can use any of our available plugins and install the website tracking script with just one click.
1. Click on the Install button, located next to each available plugin.
D. Tracking a custom installation
If you have a custom installation, or if your favorite platform is not yet available on our plugin list, you can always install the website tracking library by copying and pasting the appropriate code snippet into your website HEAD tag.
1. Click on the Copy button, located below the appropriate code snippet.
E. Using the Configuration Examples
1. Click on the Configuration Examples button, located at the bottom of the page.
You will be directed to a page where there are various practical examples of how to take advantage of the tracking code to suit your various needs. Your options are:
- Identify Visitors
- Track Page View Events
- Track Item Added to Cart
- Track Order Completed Events
- Track Product View Events
- Track Custom Events
2. Look at the short description underneath each title.
The code snippets are located right below each description, inside the black area.
3. Click on the Copy button, located underneath the code snippet area.
By clicking on the button you immediately place the code on your clipboard.
F. Navigating the Tracked Websites page
The Tracked Websites page contains some additional options which can be useful when you have a list of websites being tracked by Moosend.
Click on each domain name, to get directed to the tracking codes for this particular website.
Click on the X button, located right next to each domain, to delete it from your list of tracked websites.
Click on the Add Website button to add a new website to your list.
About Moosend Website Tracking
Moosend website tracking is a web analysis service provided by Moosend Ltd. The data collected is made available to the client for actionable insights (reporting, segmentation and automations). Direct access to the data is only provided to the client through the use of our platform. The data may be used in anonymised, aggregated form from Moosend Ltd. for reporting purposes.
Moosend website tracking uses proprietary, cookie-based, technology to track data on end-user page visits, product views, user cart and purchase information including but not limited to product quantity and pricing. Data collection at any of the above levels can be turned on or off by the relevant Moosend client. Moosend has no control on the status or information shared through its website tracking feature. More specifically the cookie-technology stores:
- An identification number to uniquely identify a users browser session.
- An identification number to uniquely identify a browser. It's not possible to uniquely identify a device through this feature
- An identification number to uniquely the relevant website.
- Relevant flags to enable or disable certain library features including but no limited to the exit-intent functionality
Identifying Specific Users
Moosend website tracking uses proprietary, cookie-based, technology to link the aforementioned data to a specific user identified by his email address. This setup allows for a more accurate tracking of end-users by associating that user with the same ID over various sessions and devices. This functionality is called
Identify. Specific user data collection as part of the identify functionality can be turned on or off by the relevant Moosend client. Moosend has no control on the status or information shared through its website tracking feature.