A double opt-in procedure for your mailing list means that your recipients will need to verify their subscription by receiving a confirmation email, right after subscribing. This will minimize the possibility of having invalid addresses on your mailing list as double opt-in lists have fewer bounces and unsubscribes, as well as more opens and more clicks!
Let's see how you can set up your mailing list for a double opt-in:
1. Click on the Mailing lists button, located on the left side of your Dashboard page.
2. Click on the mailing list you want to edit.
3. Choose the List Settings option, on the menu that appears.
4. Select one of the two available Double Opt-in options.
These options are:
- Activate Double Opt-in for this list but continue sending to all subscribers
This option allows you to see all subscribers when clicking on the View List option. An extra column will show whether each subscriber is double opt-in Verified / Unverified / Verified (External).
- Activate Double Opt-in for this list and only send to verified subscribers
This option allows you to only see subscribers who are double opt-in verified, when clicking on the View List option. Additionally, only verified double opt-in subscribers will be counted towards your billing (non-verified will be excluded). Subscribers not appearing as Verified can still be found using the search bar on the top of the page.
5. Choose the sender from the drop-down menu.
6. Set up the Subject of your email verification.
Make sure that your subject line is catchy enough to make your new subscribers give their consent by clicking on the verification link contained inside the email.
7. Check the confirmation message.
We wrote the content for you, but you can always change it by typing in the available message box. You can also design an HTML message in our editor and then just copy and paste the HTML code in the message box. Just make sure that you include the #VerificationLink# tag, otherwise it will automatically be placed at the bottom of the message.
Click on the Save button when you're done.