Using our new UI? You might want to check this help article instead.
It is not unreasonable to prefer to have your own custom domain for when you sign in your Moosend account, or for when your subscribers visit your landing pages. If you are an agency, for example, and you want to give account access to your clients, there's no need for Moosend to appear anywhere. Optics are especially important when your subscribers visit the landing pages you have created using Moosend-here, custom domains are even more key! That's why we always offer you the option to create custom domains, so that you can ensure that everything is maximally aligned with your company characteristics and branding!
There are two types of custom domain available for you to create:
Let's assume, for the sake of this example, that you wish to create a platform custom domain and let's see how you would do that!
1. Click on the Settings button, located at the top right corner of your Moosend account page.
2. Click on the Branding & Domains option, on the drop-down menu that appears.
3. Click on the Click on the Add New Custom Domain button.
4. Click on the Create button located to the right of the Platform Custom Domain option.
5. Type your desired custom domain into the Custom Domain field, and then click the Create and Verify button.
Note that you cannot use a Moosend Landing Page Custom Domain for your subdomains.
Before making any changes make sure you have access to your domain's DNS records! Your domain name registrar or hosting provider will be able to assist you in finding additional information about your DNS records.
If your site address is mydomain.com then your Moosend login page is mydomain.moosend.com. You will need to add a CNAME record to your DNS for your domain, a subdomain similar to the platform.mydomain.com example. Whatever your CNAME record is, it will need to point to mydomain.moosend.com.
6. If the custom domain you have added is already verified, then you can continue personalizing your custom domain! Otherwise, you will be taken to the page pictured below and you will need to click the Verify DNS Record button so that your custom domain can be verified.
Below are some detailed instructions on how to register CNAMES with some of the most popular providers:
- Google Domains
- Network Solutions
- 1and1 Web
- Other hosting provider
7. Alternatively, you can click on the Verify Later button, to verify your custom domain at a later date.
Please note that it may take at least 30 minutes for any changes you've made to propagate around the web.