Building an email marketing mailing list is indeed serious business. To that end we want to make sure you fully customize the process of subscription and unsubscription so that you get the best results possible, while keeping your potential newsletter recipients, your subscribers and even your unsubscribes happy.
Don't worry, customization is easy! Right below we will show you how deep you can customize the different subscription and unsubscription processes:
A. Finding the Customize subscription section
1. Click on the Mailing lists button, located on the left side of your Dashboard page.
2. Click on the name of the mailing list for which you want to create a subscription form.
3. Click on the Customize subscription button, on the vertical bar that appears.
Here you will find all the options that will help you fully customize all aspects of the subscription and unsubscription process of your mailing list members.
B. Generate a subscription form
4. Click the Generate subscribe form tab.
5. Select which fields you want your subscription form to have.
The Email Address field is selected by default and Name is also a readily available field. You can always add more fields on your subscription form and then select them here, so that your new subscribers provide exactly the information you want when they sign up for your newsletters.
6. The What your users see area shows you what your subscription form looks like. You can always use the subscription form as is, but it is highly recommended that you style it according to the look & feel of your website using CSS.
7. After you have created your fully customized subscription form, copy the code found on the Code behind area of the page and paste it on your site. Your subscriptions will be directly connected to your Moosend mailing list!
C. Redirect to a specific webpage upon subscription
8. Click on the Confirmation page tab.
9. Insert the complete URL address that you want your new subscribers to be redirected to.
10. Click the Save button to apply your changes.
D. Send a welcome email upon subscription
11. Click on the Welcome E-mail tab.
12. Define the Sender of your email from the drop-down menu, and fill in the Subject field right underneath.
13. Type the message that you want your new subscribers to receive.
14. Click on the Save button to apply your changes.
Do note that using this method the email your new subscribers will be receiving is of the Plain Text variety. If you prefer to send a more exquisite email with cool design features and images you should definitely check out what our automation capabilities have to offer!
E. Redirect to a webpage upon unsubscription
15. Select the Redirect After Unsubscribe tab.
16. Insert the complete URL address that you want your unsubscribes to be redirected to.
Why not use this chance to make a short survey of the reasons why your ex-subscriber decided to leave your mailing list? Is it due to lack of interest or perhaps due to the frequency of our campaigns? You can make most of this page in order to optimize your newsletters and your business.
17. Click on the Save button to apply your changes.
F. Customize the Unsubscribe Settings:
18. Click on the Unsubscribe Settings tab.
19. Toggle whether you prefer to have list members who unsubscribe be set as unsubscribed from your entire account, or from that specific mailing list.
One very practical application of this option is when you handle different websites, with different products, which in turn have different mailing lists. If a subscriber decides to unsubscribe from a specific product's list, you can retain their subscription to the other product lists to which they have subscribed.
20. Click on the Save button to apply the changes you made.