Moosend offers you a range of options on how to import your mailing lists on our platform. We really want to make sure that we have your various needs covered! One of the most commonly used methods of import is using an Excel file to upload your mailing list on our platform. It works great as long as you make sure to use .xls or .xlsx files of up to 40 MB size.
The process is very straightforward, just follow the steps below:
A. Find the Excel File import option
1. Click on the Mailing lists button, located on the left side of your Control Panel page.
2. Click on the name of the mailing list which you want to populate with your new contacts.
3. Click on the Import Members option on the vertical bar that appears.
4. Select the Excel File option by clicking on it or the Select button next to it.
B. Upload your Excel file
5. Click on the Browse button and select the Excel file you want to import from your computer.
6. Click on the Next button.
C. Map the data
7. Map the columns of data you uploaded to your mailing list fields by clicking on each drop-down list and selecting the Custom field that fits best.
Fields Email and Name are available by default. If you don't want to map a specific column to any field just choose the Ignore drop-down option and Click on the Next button. If you haven't mapped all fields a notification bar will appear asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click on the Ignore and continue button.
D. Get notified
8. Choose if and how you want to be notified once the import process has been completed. Click on the Import button when you are ready to start the process.