Would you like to send out a campaign that takes advantage of data contained in two or more mailing lists? Do you get cold sweat when you think back on the way you have divided up your lists? Don't worry! Our platform allows you to combine criteria from multiple lists and in different ways, so that you can create powerful new segments. This is a unique offering from Moosend that you won't find anywhere else!
Combining criteria is extremely efficient and can help you be creative with your list handing, save tons of time, and target your email marketing campaigns to match your audience exactly the way you want. Let's see how it's done:
A. Combining custom fields
The premise is simple - you have two lists which contain the same members but other than that the information contained in the two lists is different since you have different custom fields in each list. For convenience we'll call these lists primary and secondary but it could be any two lists.
A recipient's email address is the key ingredient around which all other list-member data revolves. Using the email address as a bridge, you can create list segments with information on specific members, while taking advantage of custom fields that exist in other lists, which contain different kinds of information on the same members.
1. Click on Create a new segment button on your primary list.
2. Select All criteria from the Match Criteria drop-down menu.
By selecting All the segment you are making will focus on the members who match both the criteria from the primary list and the criteria from the secondary list.
3. Click on Add More Criteria button.
4. Choose Fields from another mailing list from the options given on the first drop-down menu.
Now using the same drop-down menu you can access custom fields coming from a mailing list other than your primary list! These custom fields will have names ending in (in list "[list name]") to indicate which list they belong to. Isn't this convenient ?
5. Choose a custom field from a list other than your primary list, depending on what you need.
6. Notice how the Selected Recipients number drops down to the specific number of recipients contained inside your primary list who happen to also match the specific custom field criterion originating from your secondary list.
7. By selecting Preview you can see the exact recipients that fulfill the criteria, their email address, their name, their status and the date they were added on your primary list.
8. You can save your segment or continue your segmentation by adding more criteria yet.