Using our new UI? You might want to check this help article instead.
Moosend offers you various ways to import your new subscribers to one of your mailing lists. If you haven't directly attached an online subscription form to your Moosend account yet, you can always quickly upload up to 500 members who have opted to receive your newsletters, by merely copying & pasting your list.
If your need exceeds the 500 members limit you can choose one of the other available import methods, like using a .csv .xlsx .xls or .txt file, or one of our extremely cool plugins!
To copy & paste a list of members on your account just follow the steps below:
A. Find the Paste Text import option
1. Click on the Mailing lists button, located on the left side of your Control Panel page.
2. Click on the name of the mailing list to which you want to add the new members.
3. Click on the Import Members button on the vertical bar that appears.
4. Click on the Paste Text option or click on the Select button next to it.
B. Paste your list
5. Scroll down to the Paste your list field and paste the members from your file.
You can always just type the emails here, along with any other information you want to include, but since this method gives you the option to add up to 500 members it might be quicker for you to just copy & paste your list instead. Keep in mind that as long as you separate information with a comma, you can add more than just the recipient's email address! In order to have a successful uploading, we strongly recommend that you use one line per subscriber.
6. If you have the consent via Double Opt-In from those subscribers, click on the checkbox: Yes, add them as verified. I do have consent from these members.
Then, click on the Next button when you're done.
C. Map the fields
7. Map the columns of data you uploaded to your mailing list fields by clicking on each drop-down list and selecting the Custom field that fits best.
Fields Email and Name are there by default. If you don't want to map a specific column to any field just choose the Ignore drop-down option and click on the Next button. If you haven't mapped all fields a notification bar will appear asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click on the Ignore and continue button.
D. Get notified
8. Choose if and how you want to be notified once the import process has been completed. Click on the Import button when you are ready to start the process.