There are two types of bounces that might occur when you send out your email campaign to a list of recipients:
- Hard bounces appear within minutes after the delivery of the campaign, as the recipient’s email client (re: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc.) hastily sends a message informing that the campaign you sent out could not be delivered.
- Soft bounces require 1 to 2 days to appear! A soft bounce might occur due to a temporary issue, which means that Moosend will try to send the same email to the particular recipient 4 times. If the recipient’s email provider keep returning a negative delivery, then the recipient's email address is determined as a hard bounce and the address is automatically removed from your mailing lists.
This means that statistics regarding bounces will be completed approximately 2 to 4 days after the campaign was initially sent out. This is something you should keep in mind!
To see the reports on bounces follow the steps described below:
1. Click on the Reports button, located on the left side of your Dashboard page.
2. Click on the name of the campaign whose performance you want to check.
You will be transferred to the Campaign Overview where you will find all statistics concerning your campaign.
3. Click on the Bounces statistic to see the complete list of the emails that bounced back.
4. Click on the Hard bounces tab.
A list with all the included recipients in this category will appear. Viewing which recipients have been deemed as hard bounced (and thus removed from your lists) is really helpful, as a typical reason for hard and soft bounces are spelling mistakes in the recipient's address. By checking for spelling mistakes you always have the option to reactivate an account that has been made inactive if a misspelling has occurred.