You're in luck! Creating your first email marketing campaign with Moosend is super easy and it can work as a footstep for all your other campaigns. The campaign creation process itself consists of 7 very simple and very straightforward steps:
- Step 1: Type and Sender
You set the Type, Name, Subject, Sender and Reply-To fields for your campaign.
- Step 2: Select Mailing List
You select the mailing list which will be honored with your first Moosend campaign ever!
- Step 3: Select Format
You select whether you want to send out a plain text campaign or a modern HTML campaign, which can contain images, links, text and other cool components. Opt for HTML every time!
- Step 4: Define Content
You upload an HTML design as content, or design a cool newsletter using our flexible Campaign Editor.
- Step 5: Spam and Delivery Test
You can send a sample of your campaign to a small selection of emails addresses, and check how it will look.
- Step 6: Schedule Delivery
You can schedule your delivery for a later time or dispatch your campaign right away.
- Step 7: Snapshot
You can have one last look at an overview before hitting that Send button!
Let's start, shall we? Click on the New Campaign button, located right next to your account logo!
A. Step 1: Choosing Type and Sender
1. Make sure you're on the Regular Campaign tab.
As you're already aware, you'll start by choosing the type of campaign you want to send out. You have two options: the Regular Campaign and the A/B Split Test Campaign. Going through the A/B Split Test campaign process is equally easy, it's more or less the same as the regular campaign process, but it serves another purpose so check it out when you need it!
2. Set up the available fields.
You'll have to provide the following information:
- Campaign Name
The name of your campaign, for internal use only. Use a name that will help you find your campaign later on!
The subject of your campaign as you want it to appear on your recipients' inboxes,
The campaign sender, also known as the email address and name from which the campaign is sent out.
- Reply to
The reply-to address, in case one of your recipients decides to reply to your campaign.
3. Toggle the two available boxes depending on your preferences.
The first box allows you to track your campaigns through Google Analytics. The box below that, allows you to disable click tracking via Moosend in case you don't want to use click tracking, or if you intend to use another application to this end. We don't mind, you should work exactly how you prefer, just make sure that you don't tick the box if you want us to track your link clicks!
4. Click on the Next button to continue.
B. Step 2: Selecting a Mailing List
1. Select the mailing list which will receive your campaign.
You can choose more than one list, out of the mailing lists you have already created. You can also select any previously created segments of a list instead of an entire list, or any combination between different lists and segments thereof.
2. Choose the Segment you want to use, if you want to use one.
This would also be a good time to create a new segment if you haven't made one but would like to use one in this occasion! It's both super easy to do and super useful to utilize.
3. Click on the Next button when you're done.
C. Step 3: Selecting the Campaign Format
1. Choose the appropriate format for your campaign.
You could choose the Plain text only option, but we highly recommend that unless you have good reason do opt for plain text you should also prefer the HTML and plain text option. By using the HTML and plain text format you can get accurate reporting out of your campaign which is not an option when using plain text.
2. Click on the Next button to continue.
D. Step 4: Defining the Content
1. Click on the Take me to the Editor button if you haven't created your campaign content yet.
Our Campaign Editor provides you with super powerful tools to design the most effective newsletters (coding HTML while using drag-n'-drop at the same time, adding personalization tags to your campaign, etc), while remaining easy to use. Get to know how to use Moosend's Campaign Editor and you'll be making your email marketing friends (both novice and pro designers) super jealous, in no time!
2. Choose the most appropriate options from the Import Campaign tab, if you already have a design at the ready.
As you would expect, the process of importing your campaign content is easy and straightforward. You can either import an HTML newsletter from a URL, browse your computer and upload it directly along with the images contained in it, or copy your HTML directly to Moosend.
3. Click on the Next button to continue.
E. Step 5: Testing Spam and Delivery
1. Choose the Design and Delivery Test tab, if you want to test the look and delivery of your campaign by sending it to a small group of test emails.
This way you can check how your campaign displays on various email service providers (e.g. Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo!) before sending it to your actual subscribers. You can add up to 5 email addresses, separated by commas, and have it shipped to them as a test.
2. Choose the Content spam test tab, to make sure your campaign passes all the popular spam filters set by email clients.
Our spam testing tool lets you make sure your newsletter will not end up in your recipients' junk folder. You'll get all this with just one click on the Get Spam Report button.
3. Click on the Skip Test button if you wish to proceed without a test.
F. Step 6: Scheduling Campaign Delivery
1. Choose the Send this campaign immediately option if you want your campaign to be dispatched right away.
2. Choose the Schedule this campaign to be sent out at a future date and time option if you prefer to have your campaign be sent out on a date and time that you specify.
3. Set-up the appropriate fields with the required information.
You'll need to specify the following:
- The time of delivery
- Your time zone
- Where to send a confirmation email when the dispatch is completed
Be extra mindful of the relation between your time zone, as you've set it on your Account Settings and the time of delivery of your campaign. Here's a simple example: if you have chosen to send your campaign at 16:00 and you have set your timezone is GMT+1, then your campaign will be sent out at 17:00. Make sure that you fully understand how to schedule your campaign to be sent later before you proceed!
4. Click on the Next button when you're ready.
G. Step 7: Looking at the Snapshot
1. Take a look at all of your campaign details one more time.
2. Click on the Preview button, to look at your newsletter design.
3. Click on the Send button when you're ready!
Congratulations, you've just completed your first campaign dispatch! Allow your self a few minutes to celebrate and then go check how the first reports from your campaign are coming along.