SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol - it is an internet standard for email transmission.
Moosend offers a direct SMTP service which you can integrate with your existing applications, or utilize to send transactional emails directly using your favourite SMTP client. To take advantage of our SMTP service and send transactional emails, you first need to connect your Moosend account to your application or SMTP client.
All you need to do is grab a couple of configuration lines from our platform and add them to the application of your preference. No experienced technical team is needed and the service is already there for you to use, so let's see how it's done:
A. Finding the configuration information
1. Click on the Mailing lists button located on the left side of your Dashboard page.
2. Click on the name of the mailing list which will be receiving your transactional emails.
3. Click on the Direct SMTP button on the vertical bar that appears.
B. Getting the configuration information
You have now reached the page which contains all the necessary details which will help you connect your Moosend account to the application or SMTP client of your preference.
4. You can find your Mailing Address on our SMTP server.
5. You can grab your Mailing List ID.
Keep in mind that it is very important to include the Mailing List ID when trying to connect, as this ensures that all your recipients are added to the same mailing list. If not used, multiple mailing lists will be created which is something you probably want to avoid.
6. You can find the SMTP Hostname.
7. You can check the SMTP Port.
8. You can find the SMTP Username.
9. You will also find your SMTP Password.
You should not disclose or copy your password as that would give unnecessary access to your Moosend account.