We are constantly working on smoothing your email marketing experience. That is why we made the process of populating your mailing lists easier still! If you've been meaning to add your Google contacts in your members list, now you have no excuse - Moosend's Google Contacts Plugin helps you make the transition in no time.
All you have to do is select which list you want to import your Google Contacts to, and we take care of the rest. The Google Contacts Plugin will transform the contacts in your Google account into newsletter recipients with just a few clicks, so that you can get back to creating effective campaigns without skipping a beat!
There is another path to the Google Contacts Plugin, but below we will be reaching it through the Mailing lists page:
A. Find the Google Contacts Plugin
1. Click on the Mailing lists button, located on the left side of your Dashboard page.
2. Click on the name of the mailing list which you want to populate with your Google Contacts.
3. Click on the Import members button.
4. Select the Google Contacts Plugin option by clicking on it, or the Select button next to it.
B. Connect your Google Account
5. Click on the Connect your Google Account button.
6. Fill in your Google Account credentials to complete the authentication step and then click on the Allow button.
C. Select the Contacts
7. Toggle whether you want to handpick some or whether you want to import all of the contacts from your Google account, then click on the Next button.
8. If you opted to handpick which groups of contacts to import from your Google account, you must now choose said groups (they will be indicated with a blue highlight when clicked). Click on the Next button when you are done.
D. Map your data
9. Map the columns of data you uploaded to your mailing list's fields, by clicking on each drop-down list and selecting the Custom field that fits best.
Fields Email and Name are available by default. If you don't want to map a specific column to any field just choose the Ignore drop-down option and click on the Next button. If you haven't mapped all fields a notification bar will appear asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click on the Ignore and continue button.
E. Get notified
10. Choose if and how you want to be notified once the import process has been completed. Click on the Import button when you are ready to start the process.
F. View a report
11. To see a report of your import process click on the Import members button once again.
You can find when each import process was Started On, when it was Finished On, the number of new members that were Added, the number of members that were Updated, as well as downloadable detailed Reports.