One of the different import options Moosend offers to help you upload your email marketing mailing list is using a CSV file containing your new recipients. You can use either .csv or .txt files, of up to 40MB. If your content contains any special characters make sure you upload a UTF-8 file to achieve maximum compatibility.
The import process is easy and straightforward, just follow the steps described below:
A. Find the CSV File import option
1. Click on the Mailing lists button, located on the left side of your Control Panel page.
2. Click on the name of the mailing list which you want to populate with your contacts.
3. Click on the Import Members option on the vertical bar that appears.
4. Select the CSV File option by clicking on it or the Select button next to it.
B. Upload your CSV file
5. Click on the Browse button and select the CSV file you want to import from your computer.
6. If the separator used in your file is not a tab, a comma, a semicolon or a pipe delimiter you have to enter it on the Enter a Custom Separator space.
7. If you have the double opt-in consent from an external source, then you should check the box and add the subscribers as verified.
8. Click on the Next button.
C. Map the data
8. Map the columns of data you uploaded to your mailing list fields, by clicking on each drop-down list and selecting the Custom field that fits best.
Fields Email and Name are available by default. If you don't want to map a specific column to any field just choose the Ignore drop-down option and Click on the Next button. If you haven't mapped all fields a notification bar will appear asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click on the Ignore and continue button.
D. Get notified
9. Choose if and how you want to be notified once the import process has been completed. Click on the Import button when you are ready to start the process.