Automations are an extremely explosive tool! With that in mind it's easy to understand that a trigger is the spark that ignites the automation. Triggers are based on the actions your email campaign subscribers take inside your newsletter, or that your site visitor take when visiting your site. Their actions start the chain reaction you define when designing your automation workflow.
Good examples of triggers are typical actions like a recipient of one of the campaigns opening the newsletter they received, or someone visiting a specific page on your website. Simple click-type events like these can create a world of difference when you utilize your Moosend automations!
A trigger is the first thing that you need to set up when creating a workflow. To find which trigger you need for your automation you must first answer this question:
" What event should be the cause that sets my automation into motion? "
If you know the answer to that question, then you are ready to set up your first trigger. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
1. Click on Automations button, located on the left side of your Dashboard page.
2. Click on Create new automation button.
3. Click on create a custom automation button.
4. Click on Select your trigger area.
A pop-up window appears.
5. Click on the All drop-down option to filter the triggers available.
The different trigger types you can filter through are:
6. Click on the gray dots to move between pages of available triggers.
7. Click on the trigger you wish to use.
A pop-up window appears prompting you to choose whether you want your trigger to only trigger once or every time. The available triggers which have to do with specific products from your website will also request that you provide the Product Code for the product action that triggers your automation.
8. Set the appropriate options as per your automation requirements.
9. Click on the Save button when you're done.
Setting the appropriate trigger is just the first step of designing your own custom automation. You can get some clever ideas about how to best utilize triggers by taking a peek on all the available automation recipes we have created for you. It's quite possible that you'll find the automation you're looking for there!