You can think of Automations as a series of events that you prepare beforehand so that they engage your mailing list while you're busy working on other things; they're a life-saver! Which means that it's very important to make sure that what happens in an Automation is set up correctly before the Automation is launched. Actions are the pieces of your Automation Workflow which handle the "what happens" part and they can be set up at any point during your workflow, as long as you've first set the Automation Trigger that sets things in motion.
Creating an automation workflow is very easy! At any point of the process you can set up Actions. Just follow the steps below:
1. Click on the + button, located at every intersection on your workflow.
A pop-up window appears.
2. Choose the Actions tab, on the pop-up that appears.
3. Click on the gray dots to navigate between pages of available actions.
4. Click on the type of action that you want to add to your workflow.
The available options are:
- Then send a message to slack
- Then send email campaign
- Then ping me
- Then subscribe to list
- Then unsubscribe from list
- Then trigger another automation
- Then set custom field value
- Then increase / decrease custom field value
- Then post a webhook
Learn more about what each type of Action does by clicking on the above links or take a look at how Conditional / Control steps can work to enhance your automation.