Properly setting up CNAMES for your hosting provider helps ensure that any changes required for your custom domain can be carried out with maximum efficiency and minimum disruption. Setting up your CNAME on your Hover provider is a piece of cake.
Let's see how it's done!
1. Log in to your Hover account
2. Click on the domain that you wish to set up.
3. Check your Domain Details to verify that your nameservers are set to ns1.hover.com and ns2.hover.com.
4. Click on the DNS tab
5. Click on the Add New button in order to add a new DNS record.
6. Enter the HostName
- Host is the subdomain to which the CNAME applies
- For example, you'd enter "newsletter" if you're using "newsletter.mydomain.com"
- If you're using the root domain, enter "www"
7. Select CNAME as the Record Type.
8. Enter the URL of your Moosend login page.
If your site address is mydomain.com then your Moosend login page is mydomain.moosend.com. You have to add a CNAME record to your DNS for your domain, a subdomain similar to the newsletter.mydomain.com example. Whatever your CNAME record is, it will need to point to mydomain.moosend.com.
9. Click on Save to complete the process.
Please note that changes can take up to 48 hours to fully take effect.