Using our new UI? You might want to check this help article instead.
Properly setting up CNAMES for your hosting provider helps ensure that any changes required for your custom domain can be carried out with maximum efficiency and minimum disruption. Setting up your CNAME on your HostGator provider is no big deal!
Let's see the details of how it's done:
1. Log in to your HostGator account.
2. Click on the CPanel link located to the left of your page. A new page appears.
3. Scroll down to the Domains section and then click on the Zone Editor link. A new page appears.
4. Find the domain that you wish link to Unbounce and click the CName Record link beside the domain. A new dialog box will appear.
5. In the new Add a CName Record dialog box fill in the empty fields:
- In the Name field, type in your chosen subdomain name. For example if you wish to use "newsletter.mydomain.com" simply enter ‘newsletter’ as the rest of the domain will propagate automatically.
- In the CNAME field, enter the URL of your Moosend login page.
If your site address is mydomain.com then your Moosend login page is mydomain.moosend.com. You have to add a CNAME record to your DNS for your domain, a subdomain similar to the newsletter.mydomain.com example. Whatever your CNAME record is, it will need to point to mydomain.moosend.com.
6. Finally, click on the Add a CName Record button located at the bottom right corner of the dialog box.
7. If you carried out all the steps correctly, a message from Hostgator should appear, informing you that you have successfully added a new CNAME to your Hostgator account.
Note that your CNAME may take a few days to propagate.