Properly setting up CNAMES for your hosting provider helps ensure that any changes required for your custom domain can be carried out with maximum efficiency and minimum disruption! Setting up a CNAME for your 1and1 Web provider is a fairly simple process.
Let's see how it's done!
1. Log in to your 1and1 account.
2. Click on the gear symbol next to your desired domain and select Manage Subdomains.
3. Click on the gear symbol next to your desired subdomain and select DNS.
4. Click on the ADD RECORD and select CNAME.
5. Enter the your subdomain in the Hostname field. For example, "www" if your domain is www.mydomain.com, or "newsletter" if it is newsletter.mydomain.com.
6. Under Point to, enter the URL of your Moosend login page.
If your site address is mydomain.com then your Moosend login page is mydomain.moosend.com. You have to add a CNAME record to your DNS for your domain, a subdomain similar to the newsletter.mydomain.com example. Whatever your CNAME record is, it will need to point to mydomain.moosend.com.
7. Click Save to complete the process.
Please note that it may take at least 30 minutes for changes you have made to propagate around the web.