Properly setting up CNAMES for your hosting provider helps ensure that any changes required for your custom domain can be carried out with maximum efficiency and minimum disruption.
Below you can find detailed instructions for setting up CNAMES with some of the most popular providers:
- Google Domains
- Network Solutions
- 1and1 Web
If you are using a domain provider other than the ones listed, please refer to the following general instructions for setting up CNAMES.
1. Log in to your domain provider account.
2. Navigate to the DNS management page.
3. Locate the section entitled CNAME records, or similar.
4. Create a new CNAME record for your subdomain
- For example, if you picked "newsletter.mydomain.com" as your custom domain, create the record for "newsletter"
- If you're using the root domain "www.mydomain.com" create the record for "www"
5. Save the changes you made.
Please note that CNAMEs can take up to 48 hours to propagate.