Subscription forms are a super-useful way to grow your mailing list and business! Your Moosend platform has all the tools you need to create beautiful, stylish and effective subscription forms. Further, you can choose the type of subscription form you wish to create, as well! One of the coolest types of subscription form you can use is the Floating Bar subscription form!
Let's see how you can create a pop subscription form:
1. Click on Lead Generation, located on the left side of your Moosend account page.
2. Hover your mouse over the Create button to reveal the drop-down menu, then click on Create Subscription Form.
3. Click on the Create button located to the right of the Floating Bar subscription form option.
A. Defining the subscription form settings
In the Basic Settings step, type in a name for your subscription form, then click Next to continue.
Your subscription form's name is for your internal use only and will not be seen by visitors to your page.
2. Once you are inside the Form Designer, browse subscription form templates in the Template Library and select one to use as your starting-off point.
3. Once you have found a template you like, click on the Use Template button located to its right to apply it to your design.
Then, use the numerous settings options available to tweak your selected template to your heart's content!
4. Once you are completely satisfied with your subscription form design, click on the Proceed to Next Step button in the upper-right corner of the Form Designer page.
5. A pop-up window appears, asking you to confirm that you wish to continue to the next step. Click on the Ok button to continue.
C. Defining the visibility settings
1. In the Visibility Settings step, choose where you would like the subscription form to be displayed.
Your options are:
- Display the form at the top of the page
- Display the form at the bottom of the page
2. Next, you can choose to hide the subscription form entirely from visitors who have already submitted it. To do this, toggle the Avoid submission repetition option to On (this is the default option).
3. You can also choose Advanced Conditional Visibility Settings for your subscription form.
This setting gives you the option of setting rules for showing your form, for hiding your form, or for both, if you wish!
To set rules for showing your form, follow the steps below:
i. Click on the Conditional rules for showing the form tab.
ii. Specify if the form should be displayed when All or Any of the criteria are present, using the drop-down menu.
The option All will display the form if all the rules added are true.
The option Any will display the form if at least one of the rules added is true.
iii. Use the Add rule button to add the rule(s) you wish, and fill in the relevant fields to define them.
You have the following options:
- URL Path
To set a rule based on a specific URL path, choose URL Path from the first drop-down menu, specify whether it is /is not / contains / does not contain / starts with / does not start with /ends with /does not end with and then complete the rule by typing the appropriate URL path into the third drop-down field and then press the enter button to add the value.
To set a rule based on a specific cookie name, choose Cookie from the first drop-down menu, specify whether it is /is not / contains / does not contain / starts with / does not start with /ends with /does not end with and then complete the rule by typing the appropriate value (this will be the name of the cookie you wish to add a rule for) into the third drop-down field and then press the enter button to add the value.
To filter visitors based on their country, choose Country from the first drop-down menu, specify whether it is/is not and then choose the country from the drop-down list of available countries in the third field.
- Device Type:
You can filter visitors based on whether they are viewing through their mobile phone or their desktops. Choose the condition Device Type from the first drop-down menu, select whether this is/is not, and then, from the third drop-down field, select either Desktop or Mobile.
- Operating System:
You can filter visitors based on the operating system they are using. To do that choose the condition Operating System from the first drop-down menu, and in the second drop-down menu specify whether the OS is / is not and then choose from the drop-down list of popular operating systems in the third field.
To set rules for hiding your form, follow the steps below:
i. Click on the Conditional rules for hiding the form tab.
ii. As before, specify if the form should be hidden when Any or All rules apply, using the drop-down menu.
The option All will hide the form if all the rules added are true.
The option Any will hide the form if at least one of the rules added is true.
iii. Use the Add rule button the add and define the rule(s) you wish, as before.
Please note that any rules for hiding your form that apply, will prevail over rules for displaying your form.
D. Publishing your subscription form
In the next step, you can automatically publish your form on an active Moosend landing page or on your website that is connected with your Moosend account and is verified.
1. To publish your form on an active landing page or on your website that is connected with your Moosend account, toggle the Publish on my Moosend Website option to On.
2. Then, select your Moosend website or your landing page from the drop-down list which appears. Note that in order to see a landing page in the list here, you need to make sure that is active and for the websites, they need to be verified.
3. Click on the Embed or Publish to External Platforms tab to publish your form in 3rd party platforms.
If you want to edit the link of your subscription form, follow the steps below:
i) Click on the Setup button located next to the Link to your form option.
ii) in the first field, select one of the available domains for your subscription form.
iii) in the second field, you may, if you wish, edit the rest of your URL path.
E. Success Actions
This feature is coming soon. Stay tuned!
F. Your subscription form summary
This is a summary of your subscription form setup, as well as an easy way to see if anything is missing from your subscription form.
There will be a red "X' in any fields with missing information.