You won't feel the true power of the Moosend Automations until you start identifying your website visitors. The information flow coming from your website to your Moosend account can be harnessed to create email campaigns that fire off at exactly the right moment, for exactly the right reasons, to exactly the right people!
Segment users are now able to connect their website by using the Segment and Moosend Email Marketing Integration. To connect your website, follow the steps below:
1. Once you set a Source in your workspace, search for the Moosend Email Marketing destination, click to select it and continue to the next step.
2. On this step you will need to fill in you unique Website id. To create your unique Website id, you need to login to your Moosend account, navigate to the tracked websites tab in the account submenu. There you will be able to fill in the field with the url of your website.
3. Follow the installation instructions in order to add segment to your site.
Once you complete all the above steps, the tracking library will be installed on your website!
We highly recommend to add the tracking code for the events such as Identify, Page view, Added to cart and more, by using either the JS tracking library or the PHP tracking library.
For your own convenience, we heartily suggest that you also verify your connection between your website and your Moosend account. As soon as that's done, you should go ahead and start taking advantage of your newfound knowledge of what your website users are up to! How about making an Abandoned Cart automation to get things fired up?
About Moosend Website Tracking
Moosend website tracking is a web analysis service provided by Moosend Ltd. The data collected is made available to the client for actionable insights (reporting, segmentation and automations). Direct access to the data is only provided to the client through the use of our platform. The data may be used in anonymised, aggregated form from Moosend Ltd. for reporting purposes.
Moosend website tracking uses proprietary, cookie-based, technology to track data on end-user page visits, product views, user cart and purchase information including but not limited to product quantity and pricing. Data collection at any of the above levels can be turned on or off by the relevant Moosend client. Moosend has no control on the status or information shared through its website tracking feature. More specifically the cookie-technology stores:
- An identification number to uniquely identify a users browser session.
- An identification number to uniquely identify a browser. It's not possible to uniquely identify a device through this feature
- An identification number to uniquely the relevant website.
- Relevant flags to enable or disable certain library features including but no limited to the exit-intent functionality
Identifying Specific Users
Moosend website tracking uses proprietary, cookie-based, technology to link the aforementioned data to a specific user identified by his email address. This setup allows for a more accurate tracking of end-users by associating that user with the same ID over various sessions and devices. This functionality is called
Identify. Specific user data collection as part of the identify functionality can be turned on or off by the relevant Moosend client. Moosend has no control on the status or information shared through its website tracking feature.