Using our new UI? You might want to check this help article instead.
You're in luck! Creating your first Repeatable HTML Campaign with Moosend is super easy! The campaign creation process itself consists of 6 very simple and very straightforward steps:
- Step 1: Campaign Settings
You set the Name, Subject, Sender, Reply-To, Content URL, Send confirmation-To fields for your campaign.
- Step 2: Select Mailing List
You select the mailing lists or segments that your campaign should be sent to.
- Step 3: Select Format
You select whether you want to send out a plain text campaign or a modern HTML campaign, which can contain images, links, text and other cool components. Opt for HTML every time, worry not, we will create the plain text one for you too!
- Step 4: Spam and Delivery Test
You can send a sample of your campaign to a small selection of email addresses, and check how it will look.
- Step 5: Recurrency settings
You can choose among a daily, weekly or monthly recurrency.
- Step 6: Snapshot
You can have one last look at an overview before hitting that Start button!
Let's start, shall we? Click on the New Campaign button, located right next to your account logo!
A. Choosing Campaign Type
1. Locate the Repeatable HTML Campaign and click on the "Create" button.
As you're already aware, you'll start by choosing the type of campaign you want to send out. You have five options: the Regular Campaign, the A/B Split Campaign, the Repeatable HTML Campaign, the RSS Campaign and the Automation Campaign.
B. Defining the Campaign Settings
1. Set up the available fields.
You'll have to provide the following information:
- Campaign Name
The name of your campaign, for internal use only. Use a name that will help you find your campaign later on!
The subject of your campaign as you want it to appear on your recipients' inboxes,
The campaign sender, also known as the email address and name from which the campaign is sent out.
- Reply to
The reply-to address, in case one of your recipients decides to reply to your campaign.
- Content URL
The path where we can find your content URL. Please note that the URL you will add here, has to be email compatible.
- Send confirmation to
The email where we will send a confirmation email when every dispatch is complete.
2. Toggle the Track your campaign in Google Analytics to track your campaigns through Google Analytics.
3. Click on the Next button to continue.
C. Selecting a Mailing List
1. Select the mailing list which will receive your campaign.
You can choose more than one list, out of the mailing lists you have already created. You can also select any previously created segments of a list instead of an entire list, or any combination between different lists and segments thereof.
2. Choose the Segment you want to use, if you want to use one.
This would also be a good time to create a new segment if you haven't made one but would like to use one in this occasion! It's both super easy to do and super useful to utilize.
3. Click on the Next button when you're done.
D. Selecting the Campaign Format
1. Choose the appropriate format for your campaign.
We highly recommend that unless you have good reason to opt for only plain text you should prefer the HTML and plain text option. By using the HTML and plain text format you can get accurate reporting out of your campaign which is not an option when using plain text.
2. Click on the Next button to continue.
E. Testing Spam and Delivery
1. Choose the Design and Delivery Test tab, if you want to test the look and delivery of your campaign by sending it to a small group of test emails.
This way you can check how your campaign displays on various email service providers (e.g. Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo!) before sending it to your actual subscribers. You can add up to 5 email addresses, separated by commas, and have it shipped to them as a test.
2. Choose the Content spam test tab, to make sure your campaign passes all the popular spam filters set by email clients.
Our spam testing tool lets you make sure your newsletter will not end up in your recipients' junk folder. You'll get all this with just one click on the Get Spam Report button.
3. Click on the Skip Test button if you wish to proceed without a test.
F. Selecting the Recurrency settings
1. Set the time that your Repeatable HTML Campaign will be sent out, by selecting the hour, minutes and timezone from the available drop-downs.
2. Choose Daily/Weekly recurrency for your Repeatable HTML Campaign.
You can tick any day of the week for your schedule. If everyday is selected, this acts as a daily schedule.
3. Choose Monthly recurrency for you Repeatable HTML Campaign.
You have two options:
When Day is selected, you can set a day to schedule your campaign.
On the example above, the campaign is scheduled for the first Monday of the Month. Keep in mind that you can add more than one options.
When Date is selected, you can set a date to schedule your campaign.
On the example above, my campaign will be scheduled for every 1st of every month. Keep in mind that you can add more than one options.
G. Looking at the Snapshot
1. Take a look at all of your campaign details one more time.
2. Click on the Preview button, to look at your newsletter design. Please note that the newsletter content won't necessarily be the same that your subscribers will receive, as we will fetch the content anew on your scheduled date and time.
3. Click on the Start button when you're ready, in order to activate your Repeatable HTML Campaign!
Congratulations, you've just completed your first Repeatable HTML campaign scheduling! Allow yourself a few minutes to celebrate before learning how to find your Repeatable HTML campaign reports.