You're in luck! Creating your first Automation Campaign with Moosend is super easy! Once your campaign is ready, you can select it in the send email action of your Automation to fetch its content.
The campaign creation process itself consists of 5 very simple and very straightforward steps:
- Step 1: Campaign Settings
You set the Name for your campaign.
- Step 2: Select Format
You select whether you want to send out a plain text campaign or a modern HTML campaign, which can contain images, links, text and other cool components. Opt for HTML every time, worry not, we will create the plain text one for you too!
- Step 3: Create Template
You upload an HTML design as content, or design a cool newsletter using our flexible Campaign Editor.
- Step 4: Spam and Delivery Test
You can send a sample of your campaign to a small selection of email addresses, and check how it will look.
- Step 5: Snapshot
You can have one last look at an overview before saving your campaign!
Let's start, shall we? Click on the New Campaign button, located right next to your account logo!
A. Choosing the Campaign Type
1. Locate the Automation campaign and click on the "Create" button.
As you're already aware, you'll start by choosing the type of your campaign. You have five options: the Regular Campaign, the A/B Split Campaign, the Repeatable HTML Campaign, the RSS Campaign and the Automation Campaign.
B. Defining the Campaign Settings
1. Set up the available fields.You'll have to enter the following information:
- Campaign Name
The name of your campaign, for internal use only. Use a name that will help you find your campaign later on!
2. Toggle the two available boxes depending on your preferences.
The first box allows you to track your campaigns through Google Analytics. The box below that, allows you to disable click tracking via Moosend in case you don't want to use click tracking, or if you intend to use another application to this end. We don't mind, you should work exactly how you prefer, just make sure that you don't tick the box if you want us to track your link clicks!
3. Click on the Next button to continue.
C. Selecting the Campaign Format
1. Choose the appropriate format for your campaign.
You could choose the Plain text only option, but we highly recommend that unless you have good reason do opt for plain text you should also prefer the HTML and plain text option. By using the HTML and plain text format you can get accurate reporting out of your campaign which is not an option when using plain text.
2. Click on the Next button to continue.
D. Creating the Template
1. Click on the Take me to the Editor button if you haven't created your campaign content yet.
Our Campaign Editor provides you with super powerful tools to design the most effective newsletters (coding HTML while using drag-n'-drop at the same time, adding personalization tags to your campaign, etc), while remaining easy to use. Get to know how to use Moosend's Campaign Editor and you'll be making your email marketing friends (both novice and pro designers) super jealous, in no time!
2. Choose the most appropriate options from the Import Campaign tab, if you already have a design at the ready.
As you would expect, the process of importing your campaign content is easy and straightforward. You can either import an HTML newsletter from a URL, browse your computer and upload it directly along with the images contained in it, or copy your HTML directly to Moosend.
3. Click on the Next button to continue.
E. Testing Spam and Delivery
1. Choose the Design and Delivery Test tab, if you want to test the look and delivery of your campaign by sending it to a small group of test emails.
This way you can check how your campaign displays on various email service providers (e.g. Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo!) before sending it to your actual subscribers. You can add up to 5 email addresses, separated by commas, and have it shipped to them as a test.
2. Choose the Content spam test tab, to make sure your campaign passes all the popular spam filters set by email clients.
Our spam testing tool lets you make sure your newsletter will not end up in your recipients' junk folder. You'll get all this with just one click on the Get Spam Report button.
3. Click on the Skip Test button if you wish to proceed without a test.
F. Looking at the Snapshot
1. Take a look at all of your campaign details one more time.
2. Click on the Preview button, to look at your newsletter design.
3. Click on the Save button when you're ready, in order to save your Automation campaign!
Congratulations, you've just created your first Automation Campaign! You can now select your Automation Campaign from the available drop-down menu in the send email action of your Automation.