Sometimes you might enjoy parts of your design so much you'd want to reuse them on other designs. Sometimes you might want to save time by having specific structures, such as a header or a footer, at the ready for immediate use, without having to save your own template.
That is why we created the ability for you to create your own Clone blocks. Let's see how you can create one or more of your own:
A. Creating a Clone block
First you'll have to design a structure exactly how you like it, just as you would design any other structure using the Moosend Landing Page Designer. Make sure that you bring your structure's design to the level of completion you desire, as that is how it's going to appear whenever you repurpose it in your future designs.
1. Click on the floppy disk-shaped save symbol, appearing on the right side of each structure when you hover your mouse over it, to save it as a Clone block.
2. Fill in the name for your custom container.
Make sure it's something memorable!
3. Click on the Save Container button.
Your newly-created Clone block settings as well as any content included in any Elements you have placed within it.
B. Using your Clone block
1. Make sure you're on the Structures list.
You will find all the Clone blocks you've created represented by yellow icons right below the standard structures. They work exactly like any other container so they belong exactly where you'll be using them the most!
2. Drag-n'-drop your Clone block unto the appropriate design area.
C. Deleting a Clone block
1. Click on the X symbol on the corner of a Clone block's icon, to delete it.
A pop-up will appear asking if you want to move ahead with the deletion. Remember, if you delete your Clone block you won't be able to retrieve it.
2. Click on the OK button on the pop-up that appears.
You can use the Clone blocks to save those parts of your own designs that you use frequently (e.g. headers, footers etc) or even grab some ideas from our template library and use whenever you want.