Creating your first email marketing campaign with us is super easy and it can work as a footstep for all your other campaigns. The campaign creation process itself consists of 6 very simple and very straightforward steps:
- Step 1: Type
You set the Type of your campaign.
- Step 2: Set basic settings
You set the Type, Name, Subject line, Preview text, "From" name / email address, Reply-To, and Send confirmation-To fields for your campaign.
- Step 3: Select email list
You select the email list which will be targeted by your bright new campaign.
- Step 4: Design
You upload an HTML design as content or design a cool newsletter using our flexible Campaign Editor.
- Step 5: Schedule Delivery
You can schedule your delivery for a later time or dispatch your campaign right away.
- Step 6: Preview
You can have one last look at a preview before hitting the Send button.
Let's start, shall we? Hover your mouse over the Campaigns tab located at the top of your Dashboard page to reveal the drop-down menu and then click on the Regular option. , in order to create a regular campaign.
A. Choosing Campaign Type
1. Once inside your Campaign tab, click on the New button and then select the type of the campaign.
As you're already aware, you'll start by choosing the type of campaign you want to send out. You have four options: the Regular Campaign, the A/B Split Test Campaign, the Repeatable HTML Campaign, and the RSS Campaign, and the Automation campaign.
B. Defining the Campaign Settings
1. Set up the available fields. You will notice that, next to the fields required, you will find a help window, providing you with all the details needed in order to create your campaign successfully and with the minimum amount of effort.
You'll have to provide the following information:
- Campaign type
The campaign type, having to choose between HTML or Plain Text format. You could choose the Plain text only option, but we highly recommend that, unless you have good reason tο opt for plain text, you should prefer the HTML and plain text option. By using the HTML and plain text format you can get accurate reporting out of your campaign which is not an option when using plain text.
- Campaign name
The name of your campaign, for internal use only. Use a name that will help you find your campaign later on.
- Subject line
The subject line of your campaign as you want it to appear on your recipients' inboxes. Make sure that it is brief and explicit. Keep in mind that you can also use suggestions to improve your open rate, tags and emojis just by clicking on the corresponding icons.
- Preview text
The text to the right of your subject line, containing a secondary message that could help you catch your subscribers' attention. Keep in mind that you can also use tags and emojis just by clicking on the corresponding icons.
- "From" name / email address
This will be the sender of your campaign, meaning the name and email address that your subscribers will see in their inbox. Use a name that will be easily recognizable to them.
- Reply to
The reply-to address, in case one of your recipients decides to reply to your campaign.
- Send confirmation to
The email(s) where we will send a confirmation email once your campaign is delivered.
2. Toggle the two available boxes depending on your preferences.
The first box allows you to track your campaigns through Google Analytics. The box below that, allows you to enable your campaign revenue tracking if you want us to track your campaign's views and orders.
3. Click on the Next button to continue.
C. Selecting an Email List
1. Select the email list which will receive your campaign.
You can choose more than one list, out of the email lists you have already created. You can also select any previously created segments of a list instead of an entire list, or any combination between different lists and segments.
Note that only the Active members of the selected email list(s) will receive your campaign. Any Bounced, Archived or Unsubscribed members will be ignored and won't receive your campaign.
2. If you would like to use a segment, open your segments by tapping on the corresponding number below the Segments column and then choose your segment by clicking on the check-box next to its' name.
This would also be a good time to create a new segment if you haven't made one but would like to use one on this occasion.
3. Click on the Next button when you're done.
D. Creating the Campaign Design
1. If you haven't created your content yet, you can either create your own design from scratch by using our Editor or select between one of our fully customizable templates in order to get started fast.
Our Campaign Editor provides you with super powerful tools to design the most effective newsletters (coding HTML while using drag-n'-drop at the same time, adding personalization tags to your campaign, etc.) while remaining easy to use. Get to know how to use our platform's Campaign Editor and you will be making your email marketing friends (both novice and pro designers) admire your campaign, in no time.
Alternatively, you can select the most appropriate options from the Imported Campaign template, if you already have a design at the ready. Click on the button or toggle the switch to Active in order to start the process.
As you would expect, the process of importing your campaign content is easy and straightforward. You can either import an HTML newsletter from a URL, browse your computer and upload it directly along with the images contained in it or copy and paste your HTML code directly to our platform.
You can also add personalization tags for internal use if you need to.
2. Click on the Next button to continue.
G. Scheduling Campaign Delivery
1. You can choose the I want to send this campaign now option if you want your campaign to be dispatched right away. Please note that you will be able to preview your campaign settings in the next step before sending it.
2. Choose the I want to schedule this campaign to be sent at a specific date and time option if you prefer to have your campaign be sent out on a date and time that you specify.
3. Set up the appropriate fields with the required information.
You'll need to specify the following:
- The date and time of delivery
- Your time zone
Be extra mindful of the relation between your time zone, as you have set it on your Account Settings and the time of delivery of your campaign. Here's a simple example: if you have chosen to send your campaign at 16:00 and you have set your timezone as GMT+1, then your campaign will be sent out at 17:00.
4. Enable the Resend campaign to non-openers option if you want to schedule and send your campaign again to the subscribers who did not open it.
5. Set up the appropriate fields with the required information.
You'll need to specify the following:
- The time that should elapse after the original campaign is delivered.
- The subject of your recent campaign. You can leave this field empty if you do not wish to change the subject.
- The sender of your resent campaign.
6. Click on the Next button when you are ready.
H. Preview your campaign
1. Here you can check all of your campaign details and preview your campaign design. Furthermore, if you want to test the look and delivery of your campaign by sending it to a small group of test emails, you can do so by clicking on the Send A Test Email or the Spam Test buttons.
There you will be able to see exactly how your campaign looks like and check all of its' details to make sure that everything is how you wish it to be. Tap on the Send test button to continue with the process.
You can also run a spam test in order to make sure that your campaign will reach your subscribers' inbox and that iτ is noτ likely to end up in the spam folder. Click on the Start test button to start the procedure.
2. Right after that, click on the Send button when you are ready to send your campaign. Otherwise, you can tap on the Save & exit button if you want to save your campaign as a draft.
Congratulations, you've just completed your first campaign dispatch! Please keep in mind that later on you can go and check how the first reports from your campaign are coming along.