Creating your first email marketing campaign with our platform is super easy and it can work as a footstep for all your other campaigns. The campaign creation process itself consists of 6 very simple and very straightforward steps:
- Step 1: Type
You set the Type of your campaign.
- Step 2:
You set the Type, Name, Subject line, Sender, Preview text, "From" name / email address, Reply-To and Send confirmation-To fields for your campaign.
- Step 3: Select Email List
You select the email list which will be targeted by your bright new campaign.
- Step 4: Design
You upload an HTML design with the required RSS Tags as content, or - even better - design a cool newsletter using our flexible Campaign Editor which includes a special RSS Container for that purpose!
- Step 6: Recurrency settings
You can choose among daily, weekly, or monthly recurrency.
- Step 6: Overview
You can have one last look at an overview before hitting the Send button!
Let's start, shall we?
Hover over the Campaigns tab and select the RSS & Repeatable option, in order to create an RSS campaign.
A. Choosing Campaign Type
1. Once inside your Campaign tab, click on the New button and then select the type of the campaign.
As you're already aware, you'll start by choosing the type of campaign you want to send out. You have five options: the Regular Campaign, the A/B Split Test Campaign, the Repeatable HTML Campaign, the RSS Campaign, and the Automation campaign.
B. Defining the Campaign Settings
1. Set up the available fields. You will notice that, next to the fields required, you will find a help window, providing you with all the details needed in order to create your campaign successfully and with the minimum amount of effort.
You'll have to provide the following information:
- Campaign Type
The campaign type, having to choose between HTML or Plain Text format. You could choose the Plain text option, but we highly recommend that unless you have good reason το opt for the plain text you should prefer the HTML option. By using the HTML format you can get accurate reporting out of your campaign which is not an option when using plain text.
- Campaign Name
The name of your campaign, for internal use only. Use a name that will help you find your campaign later on!
- Subject line
The subject line of your campaign as you want it to appear on your recipients' inboxes. Make sure that it is brief and explicit. Keep in mind that you can also use suggestions to improve your open rate, tags and emojis just by clicking on the corresponding icons.
- Preview text
The text to the right of your subject line, containing a secondary message that could help you catch your subscribers' attention. Keep in mind that you can also use tags and emojis just by clicking on the corresponding icons.
- "From" name / email address
This will be the sender of your campaign, meaning the name and email address that your subscribers will see in their inbox. Use a name that will be easily recognizable to them.
- Reply to
The reply-to address, in case one of your recipients decides to reply to your campaign.
- Content URL
The path where we can find your content URL.
In case the images inside your RSS articles are not loading for a reason, you can click on the button Validate RSS Feed to make them load. If they still don't appear, please contact our support team.
- Send confirmation to
The email(s) where we will send a confirmation email once your campaign is delivered.
2. Toggle the two available boxes depending on your preferences.
The first box allows you to track your campaigns through Google Analytics. The box below that, allows you to enable your campaign revenue tracking via our platform if you want us to track your campaign's views and orders.
3. Click on the Next button to continue.
C. Selecting an Email List
1. Select the email list which will receive your campaign.
You can choose more than one list, out of the email lists you have already created. You can also select any previously created segments of a list instead of an entire list, or any combination between different lists and segments thereof.
Note that only the Active members of the selected email list(s) will receive your campaign. Any Bounced, Removed or Unsubscribed members will be ignored and won't receive your campaign.
2. If you would like to use a segment, open your segments by tapping on the corresponding number below the Segments column and then choose your segment by clicking on the check-box next to its' name.
This would also be a good time to create a new segment if you haven't made one but would like to use one on this occasion!
3. Click on the Next button when you're done.
D. Creating the Template
1. If you haven't created your content yet, you can either create your own design from scratch by using our Editor or select between one of our fully customizable templates in order to get started fast.
Our Campaign Editor provides you with super powerful tools to design the most effective newsletters (coding HTML while using drag-n'-drop at the same time, adding personalization tags to your campaign, etc) while remaining easy to use. Get to know how to use Moosend's Campaign Editor and you'll be making your email marketing friends (both novice and pro designers) admire your campaign, in no time!
Alternatively, you can select the most appropriate options from the Import Campaign template, if you already have a design at the ready. Click on the button or toggle the switch to Active in order to start the process.
As you would expect, the process of importing your campaign content is easy and straightforward. You can either import an HTML newsletter from a URL, browse your computer and upload it directly along with the images contained in it or copy and paste your HTML code directly to our platform.
You can also add personalization tags for internal use if you need to.
2. Click on the Next button to continue.
E. Selecting the Recurrence settings
1. You can select Daily/Weekly or Monthly recurrence for your RSS campaign by activating the corresponding switch. You can select any day of the week for your schedule. If everyday is selected, this acts as a daily schedule.
2. Choose Monthly recurrency for your RSS campaign by activating the corresponding switch.
You have two options:
When Day is selected, you can set a day to schedule your campaign.
In the example above, the campaign is scheduled for the first Sunday of the Month. Keep in mind that you can add more than one option by clicking on the Add more recurrencies button.
When Date is selected, you can set a date to schedule your campaign.
On the example above, my campaign will be scheduled for every 1st of every month. Keep in mind that you can add more than one option by clicking on the Add more recurrencies button.
3. Set the time that your RSS campaign will be sent out, by selecting the hour, minutes, and time zone from the available drop-downs.
4. Click on the Next button when you're done.
F. Preview your campaign
1. Here you can check all of your campaign details and preview your campaign design.
2. Click on the Start button when you're ready, in order to activate your RSS campaign!
Please note that only articles fetched after the activation of your RSS campaign will be stored and sent. Articles with a date prior to activation will not be stored.
Keep in mind that deactivating your RSS campaign will unsubscribe you from the feed and remove any already stored RSS articles.
Congratulations on completing your first RSS repeatable campaign scheduling! Allow yourself a few minutes to celebrate before learning how to find your RSS campaign reports.