In your Opt-in settings, when you select a double opt-in procedure for your email list, your recipients will need to verify their subscription through a confirmation email, right after subscribing. This will minimize the possibility of having invalid addresses on your email list since double opt-in lists have fewer bounces and unsubscribes, as well as more opens and more clicks!
Let's see how you can set up your email list for a double opt-in:
1. At the top of your Dashboard page, hover your mouse over the Audience tab located at the top of your Dashboard page to reveal the drop-down menu, and then click on the Email lists option.
2. Click on the name of the email list that you would like to edit.
3. Tap on the Set your settings button, on the menu that appears.
4. Select one of the two available Double Opt-in options which are the following:
- Activate Double Opt-in for this list but continue sending to all subscribers (Soft Double Opt-in)
This option allows you to see all subscribers when clicking on the Members button. An extra column will show whether each subscriber is double opt-in Verified / Not Verified / Verified by Admin.
- Activate Double Opt-in for this list and only send to verified subscribers (Strong Double Opt-in)
This option allows you to only see subscribers who are double opt-in verified when clicking on the Members button. Additionally, only verified double opt-in subscribers will be counted towards your billing (non-verified will be excluded). Subscribers not appearing as Verified can still be found using the search bar right above the members list.
5. After selecting the opt-in type, you can choose the sender on the "From" name drop-down menu and set up the Subject line of your confirmation email.
Make sure that your subject line is catchy enough to make your new subscribers give their consent by clicking on the verification link contained inside the email.
6. Check the confirmation message.
We wrote the content for you, but you can always edit the HTML message in our editor. Just make sure that you include the #VerificationLink# tag, otherwise, it will automatically be placed at the bottom of the message.
7. Click on the Save button when you're done.
8. Set the Landing page URL, by specifying the URL of your confirmation page. Please note that this step is optional. Then, tap on the Save button.