In your Opt-in settings, when you select a double opt-in procedure for your email list, your recipients will need to verify their subscription through a confirmation email, right after subscribing. This canl minimize the possibility of having invalid addresses on your email list since double opt-in lists have fewer bounces and unsubscribes, as well as more opens and more clicks.
To set up double opt-in for your email lists:
- In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab, and then click Email lists.
- Click the name of the email list that you would like to edit.
- In the menu on the left, click Set your settings.
- Select one of the two available Double Opt-in options which are the following:
- Activate Double Opt-in for this list but continue sending to all subscribers (Soft Double Opt-in) - This option allows you to see all subscribers when clicking on the Members button. An extra column will show whether each subscriber is double opt-in Verified / Not Verified / Verified by Admin.
- Activate Double Opt-in for this list and only send to verified subscribers (Strong Double Opt-in) - This option allows you to only see subscribers who are double opt-in verified when clicking on the Members button. Additionally, only verified double opt-in subscribers will be counted towards your billing (non-verified will be excluded). Subscribers not appearing as Verified can still be found using the search bar right above the members list.
- Select the sender on the "From" name drop-down menu and set up the Subject line of your confirmation email.
Note: Make sure that your subject line is catchy enough to make your new subscribers give their consent by clicking on the verification link contained inside the email.
- Check the confirmation Message. You can always edit the default HTML message in our editor. Make sure that you include the #VerificationLink# tag, otherwise, it will automatically be placed at the bottom of the message.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Set the Landing page URL, by specifying the URL of your confirmation page then click Save.