To adhere to GDPR, you can only send marketing email messages with active, specific consent from your subscribers. You must make sure that both your existing and your new subscribers are verified and go through a double opt-in subscription process.
To verify existing or new users and enable double-opt in settings:
- In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab, and then click Email lists.
- Click the name of the email list you want to edit.
- In the menu. click Set your settings.
- Navigate to the Opt-in Settings section and select one of the choices below:
- For existing users: select Soft double opt-in - a verification email is sent to members but members will be included in your list regardless if they verify or not. This option lets you see all members when clicking View all members on the menu on the left. An extra Double opt-in column appears for each member to show Verified, Not Verified, Verified by Admin.
- For new users: select Strong double opt-in - emails are only sent to verified subscribers. This option allows you to only see subscribers who are double opt-in verified when you click Members. Additionally, only verified double opt-in subscribers will count towards your billing (non-verified are excluded). You can still find Subscribers not appearing as Verified, using the search bar above the members list.
- From - select the name that you want to display as the sender.
- Subject line - enter the email message title, for example, Confirm your subscription to mailing list.
- Message - check the default confirmation message. You can edit the HTML message in our editor. Make sure that you include the
All the new subscribers that clicked the verification link and gave their consent will have the status Verified.
All the existing subscribers existing in a mailing list in your account can be segmented and you can start sending them campaigns asking them to re-subscribe through the Double Opt-in process.