An RSS campaign block is a type of dynamic content block that is designed to display the information from an RSS feed URL. Using the content from the RSS feed, you can retrieve the latest articles dynamically and display them in your newsletter.
A. Create an RSS campaign block
After defining your newsletter's layout, you can set it up as an RSS campaign block. You can choose only one type of dynamic content block per newsletter.
To set up an RSS campaign block:
- Add a layout to your newsletter design.
Note: You can use any layout size except the 3 x 1/3 Containers and 4 x 1/4 Containers.
- In the editing area, hover your mouse over the layout to display the Actions menu.
- Click Settings to display the Layout settings in the editor's right pane.
- Scroll down to the Layout Type drop-down list and select RSS Campaign.
- In the Number of articles to be displayed field, enter the value or use the up and down arrows to edit the number of articles to be displayed.
- Edit the rest of the available settings. They work exactly like the typical layout settings and depend on the type of layout you used for your RSS campaign block.
B. Edit an RSS campaign block
An RSS campaign block is automatically filled with the supported dynamic items. As soon you transform a layout into an RSS campaign block, the following dynamic items will appear inside the layout:
- article image
- article title
- article summary
- article id
- article published on
- article category
- article URL
The content of each of these will be populated based on the information of the RSS feed URL that you've added to your RSS Campaign settings. You can freely add to or remove items as you see fit. You can also edit the items and their settings.
Items that are placed inside a dynamic content block, have an additional field in their settings called the Repeatable Item Tag. This represents the information each tag displays based on the RSS feed URL data. The tag is predefined for each item included in the created dynamic content block and you must define this for any new items that you add to the layout.