It is not unreasonable to prefer to have your own custom domain for when you sign in your account, or for when your subscribers visit your landing pages. If you are an agency, for example, and you want to give account access to your clients, there's no need for our platform to appear anywhere. Optics are especially important when your subscribers visit the landing pages you have created using our platform here, but custom domains are even more crucial. That's why we always offer you the option to create custom domains, so that you can ensure that everything is maximally aligned with your company characteristics and branding.
There are two types of custom domain available for you to create:
Let's assume that you wish to create a platform custom domain and let's see how you would do that!
1. Hover your mouse over the Account button, located at the top right corner of your Dashboard page and then, click on the Settings option.
2. Click on the Branding tab on the menu on the left.
3. In the Platfrom custom domain section, click on the Create New Domain button.
4. Type your desired custom domain into the Website domain field, and then click the Create & Verify button.
Note that you cannot use our company's Landing Page Custom Domain for your subdomains.
Before making any changes, make sure you have access to your domain's DNS records. Your domain name registrar or hosting provider will be able to assist you in finding additional information about your DNS records.
If your site address is mydomain.com, then your login page in our platform is mydomain.moosend.com. You will need to add a CNAME record to your DNS for your domain, a subdomain similar to the platform.mydomain.com example. Whatever your CNAME record is, it will need to point to mydomain.moosend.com.
5. If the custom domain you have added is already verified, then you can continue personalizing your custom domain. Otherwise, you will be taken to the page pictured below and you will need to click the Verify DNS Record button so that your custom domain can be verified.
Below are some detailed instructions on how to register CNAMES with some of the most popular providers:
- Google Domains
- Network Solutions
- 1and1 Web
- Other hosting provider
6. Alternatively, you can click on the Verify Later button, to verify your custom domain at a later date.
Please note that it may take at least 30 minutes for any changes you've made to propagate around the web.