It is only natural that you would prefer to have your own custom domain for when you sign in to your account in our platform. Optics are everything especially if, for example, you're an agency and want to give account access to your clients - there's no need for our platform to appear anywhere. That's why we offer you the option to create a custom domain for your platform so that it reflects your own characteristics and branding.
First things first, you must create a Platform Custom Domain (CNAME), which will appear as your platform URL and will also be used for most links and URLs associated with your account and any created subaccounts. After this domain is verified, the default domain for your platform will be replaced by it. You may have only one Platform Domain.
Let's see how to add a new Platform Custom Domain:
1. Hover your mouse over the Account icon and select Settings.
2. Select the Branding tab.
3. In the Platform Custom Domain section, you can view your default platform custom domain, as well as the new Platform Custom Domain as soon as you add one.
4. Click on the Create new domain button to the right of the Platform Custom Domain option.
5. Type your desired custom domain into the Website Domain field, then click on the Create and Verify button.
Note that you cannot use our company's Custom Domain for your subdomains.
Before making any changes make sure you have access to your domain's DNS records. Your domain name registrar or hosting provider will be able to assist you in finding additional information about your DNS records.
If your site address is mydomain.com, then your login page in our platform is mydomain.moosend.com. You will need to add a CNAME record to your DNS for your domain, a subdomain similar to the platform.mydomain.com example. Whatever your CNAME record is, it will need to point to mydomain.moosend.com.
6. If the custom domain you have added is already verified, then you can continue personalizing your custom domain. Otherwise, you will be taken to the page pictured below and you will need to click the Verify DNS Record button so that your custom domain can be verified.
Below are some detailed instructions on how to register CNAMES with some of the most popular providers:
- Google Domains
- Network Solutions
- 1and1 Web
- Other hosting provider
7. Alternatively, you can click on the Verify Later button, to verify your custom domain at a later date. Please note that it may take at least 30 minutes for any changes you've made to propagate around the web.
Please note that you can only add one Platform Custom Domain. Don't forget that you can always add a Custom Domain for your Landing Pages, as well.