A custom domain is a unique branded name that identifies a website and appears as your platform URL. Moosend lets you use a custom domain for your platform to align it with your characteristics and branding. You can use your own custom domain when you log in to your account on our platform or when you want to give access to your clients or subaccounts. The domain is used for most links and URLs associated with your account and any created subaccounts. After your custom domain is verified, it replaces your default Moosend platform domain.
Important: You can only have one platform domain.
To add a new platform custom domain:
- In the top navigation bar, click and click Settings.
- In the menu on the left, click Branding.
- On the Platform custom domain section, you can view your default platform domain. Click Create new domain to add a custom domain.
- In the Website domain field, enter your custom domain.
The custom domain you add in this step is a subdomain you create in your own domain. If your domain address is mydomain.com and your default Moosend domain is mydomain.moosend.com, then you need to create a subdomain with your preferred custom domain name, for example, email.mydomain.com. Then, add a CNAME record to the DNS of your domain mydomain.com, and in the CNAME record, you must point email.mydomain.com to your default Moosend domain mydomain.moosend.com.
- Click Create & Verify.
- To verify your custom domain now, click Verify DNS Record. To verify your custom domain at a later time, click Verify Later.
It might take at least 30 minutes to apply any changes you've made.
- When your custom domain is verified, you can continue personalizing your custom domain.
Below are instructions on how to set up CNAMES with the most common providers: