A custom domain (CNAME) is a unique branded name that identifies a website. Moosend lets you create a custom domain for your platform to align it with your characteristics and branding. You can have your own custom domain when you log in to your account on our platform or when you want to give access to your clients or subaccounts. To do this, you must create a platform custom domain, which appears as your platform URL. This domain is used for most links and URLs associated with your account and any created subaccounts. After your custom domain is verified, it replaces your default platform domain.
Important: You can only have one platform domain.
To add a new platform custom domain:
- In the top navigation bar, click and click Settings.
- In the menu on the left, click Branding.
- On the Platform custom domain section, you can view your default platform custom domain.
- Click Create new domain.
- In the Website domain field, enter your preferred custom domain then click Create & Verify.
You cannot use the Moosend custom domain for your subdomains. Before making any changes make sure you have access to your domain's DNS records. Your domain name registrar or hosting provider can assist you in finding additional information about your DNS records.
If your site address is mydomain.com, then your login page in our platform is mydomain.moosend.com. You must add a CNAME record to your DNS for your domain, a subdomain similar to the platform.mydomain.com example. Whatever your CNAME record is, it must point to mydomain.moosend.com.
- To verify your custom domain now, click Verify DNS Record. To verify your custom domain at a later time, click Verify Later.
It might take at least 30 minutes to apply any changes you've made.
- When the custom domain is verified, you can continue personalizing your custom domain.
Below are instructions on how to set up CNAMES with the most common providers: