It is only natural that you would want a custom domain for your landing pages, a domain that should be entirely aligned with your characteristics and branding, for maximum effectiveness. Our platform offers you the flexibility to create custom domains for your landing pages quickly and easily!
First things first, you must create a Landing Page Custom Domain(CNAME) for your Landing Page URLs. After this domain is verified, you will be able to select it in the Publishing Settings of your Landing Pages, along with the default ones provided already.
Let's see how to add a new Landing Page Custom Domain:
1. Click on the Account icon located at the top right of your account page and then, tap on the Settings option on the drop-down menu that appears.
2. Click on the Branding tab.
3. In the Landing Page Custom Domain section, you can view your existing landing page custom domains, as well as the new Landing Page Custom Domain as soon as you add one.
4. Click on the Create new domain button to the right of the Landing Page Custom Domain option.
5. Type your desired custom domain into the Website Domain field, then click on the Create and Verify button.
Note that you cannot use our company's Landing Page Custom Domain for your subdomains.
Before making any changes make sure you have access to your domain's DNS records! Your domain name registrar or hosting provider will be able to assist you in finding additional information about your DNS records.
If your site address is mydomain.com, then your login page in our platform is mydomain.moosend.com. You will need to add a CNAME record to your DNS for your domain, a subdomain similar to the platform.mydomain.com example. Whatever your CNAME record is, it will need to point to mydomain.moosend.com.
6. If the custom domain you have added is already verified, then you can continue personalizing your custom domain. Otherwise, you will be taken to the page pictured below and you will need to click the Verify DNS Record button so that your custom domain can be verified.
Below are some detailed instructions on how to register CNAMES with some of the most popular providers:
- Google Domains
- Network Solutions
- 1and1 Web
- Other hosting provider
7. Alternatively, you can click on the Verify Later button, to verify your custom domain at a later date.
Please note that it may take at least 30 minutes for any changes you've made to propagate around the web.
Make sure to check out the option of adding a Custom Domain for your platform, if you haven't done so already!