When it comes to designing stylish and effective newsletters, templates can be a tool of the utmost importance.
Our platform's new Campaign Template Editor allows you to either create your own template from scratch, or edit an existing template (for instance, an official template of our platform) in order to fully tailor it to your needs.
Let's take a closer look!
1. To access the Campaign Template Editor, hover your mouse over the Account icon in the top right corner of your Dashboard.
2. Click on Templates in the drop-down list that appears.
3. Click on the Editor button below the Campaigns option.
Once you are inside the Campaign Template Editor, you have the option of either creating your own template from scratch (and saving it for future use) or editing an existing template.
A. Creating a Template
1. Click on the Create from Scratch button.
2. Create your template, using the many structures, elements, and tools available.
3. Once you are happy with your design, click on the Save Template button to save it.
4. In the next screen, fill in your Template Name in the Template Name field.
5. When you are done, click on the Save button.
B. Editing a Template
You also have the option of finding a template you really like in the Template Library, and then editing it until it looks exactly as you want it to.
1. Click on Template Library to browse the available templates, then click on the Use Template button next to the template of your choice.
2. Click the OK button on the pop-up message that appears.
3. Make any adjustments you wish to the template, and then click on the Update Template and Exit button.
Your saved design will appear first in the Template Library. If the template you edited and saved was an official template of our platform, it will appear in the Template Library bearing the extension copy.
C. Finding a Template
Any Official template you edit and then save will appear first in your Template Library, and will bear the extension copy, as in the example below:
D. Overwriting an existing Template
1. To continue working on the same template at a future date, simply locate said template in the Template Library and click on the Use Template button next to it.
2. Make any changes you wish to the template, click on the Save Template icon and then click on Overwrite Existing.
Alternatively, you can click on Cancel to save this version of the template under a new name.
Now that you have created your templates inside the Campaign Template editor, they are ready to be used inside the Template Library of the Campaign Editor. Every time you create a new template in the Campaign Template editor, we will automatically add it to the Template Library of the Campaign editor so that you can easily find it every time you want to send a campaign!
Don't forget to take a look at how to create or edit your template in the Landing Page Template Editor, as well!