To keep your bounce rate and spam complaint rate as low as possible, you can ensure that you do not send email messages to contacts that, for example, have unsubscribed from your newsletter.
If an email message bounces or if the email message is marked as spam, the email address is automatically added to the suppression list and will not receive another email message again. Any hard bounced or complained members are also automatically moved to your suppression list.
Important: When the recipient is added to the suppression list, it becomes impossible to add them to any of your email lists in the future, and they are removed from your active subscriber count.
The following procedures show two ways to add recipients to your suppression list:
Add using the Suppression List page
To add a recipient to the suppression list using the Suppression List page:
- In the top navigation bar, click and click Suppression List.
- Click Add member.
- Fill out your recipient's details and then, click Save member.
Add using the Email Lists page
To add a recipient to the suppression list using the Email Lists page:
In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab, and then click Email lists.
- Click the name of the email list, whose member you want to add to your suppression list.
- In the menu on the left, click View all members.
- Find the email address of the recipient you want to add to the suppression list and can click.
- Click Add to suppression list. The recipient is now moved to the suppression list.