As their name implies, our platform Automation allows you to engage with your subscribers in powerful ways, and most importantly, they do it automatically, without any direct input from your side: you just set up each automation and let it do its work while you focus on other areas of your email marketing.
If you are wondering what gets each automation going since you won't be doing it yourself, you should know that on most occasions it's your site visitors themselves who trigger automation, usually without even realizing it!
Maybe they added something to their shopping cart or maybe subscribed to your email list. The trigger method depends on you, but whatever it is that they do, our platform will know and move ahead with the rest of the automation steps.
To make this possible, you need to do two things:
- You need to add a unique tracking code-snippet behind any areas of your website where you want to track your site visitors and utilize their activity as triggers for your automations. Some web-hosting services merely require a tracking ID, so that option is also available.
- You need to identify the person visiting your site in order to know if it's someone on your mailing list or someone whose details you don't know yet. And for this, you need to know their email address!
There are four ways to identify someone's email address when they're visiting your site:
- When they reach your website via a link inside one of your newsletters
- If they add their email address to a subscription form on your site
- When they register on your website
- When they log in to your website
By placing the provided tracking code into the
<head> HTML tag of pages such as your website's subscription forms, or by using whichever of the available plugins suits your CMS, you will be able to identify the person visiting your website and engage with them using one of your Automations.
About our platform's Website Tracking
Our platform's website tracking is a web analysis service provided by our company. The data collected is made available to the client for actionable insights (reporting, segmentation, and automation). Direct access to the data is only provided to the client through the use of our platform. The data may be used in anonymized and aggregated form from Moosend Ltd. for reporting purposes.
Moosend website tracking uses proprietary, cookie-based, technology to track data on end-user page visits, product views, user cart, and purchase information but not limited to product quantity and pricing. Data collection at any of the above levels can be turned on or off by the relevant client of our platform. Our company has no control of the status or information shared through its website tracking feature. More specifically the cookie-technology stores:
- An identification number to uniquely identify a user's browser session.
- An identification number to uniquely identify a browser. It's not possible to uniquely identify a device through this feature
- An identification number to uniquely identify the relevant website.
- Relevant flags to enable or disable certain library features including but not limited to the exit-intent functionality
Identifying Specific Users
Our website tracking uses proprietary, cookie-based, technology to link the aforementioned data to a specific user identified by his email address. This setup allows for more accurate tracking of end-users by associating them with the same ID over various sessions and devices. This functionality is called
Identify. Specific user data collection as part of the identify functionality can be turned on or off by the relevant client of our platform. Our company has no control of the status or information shared through its website tracking feature.