Based on information gathered from your members' activity (e.g. date they were added to your list, number of times they have opened a campaign, number of times they have clicked on a link, etc.) you are able to create your segments and filter them as you see fit.
You can even set multiple segmentation criteria, and narrow down the list of recipients contained inside your segment. This way you will send fully targeted campaigns to the people most likely to respond positively to one of them.
During the list segmentation procedure you will have to take the following steps:
1. At the top of your Dashboard page, hover your mouse over the Audience tab located at the top of your Dashboard page to reveal the drop-down menu, and then click on the Segments option.
2. Once inside your Segment page, click on the New button at the right top corner and then on the Segment option.
3. On the pop-up window that appears, choose the email list in which you want to create a segment by the drop-down menu and then click on the Start button.
4. Click on the Create custom segment button.
5. After naming your segment, specify whether your segment needs to fulfill All or Any of the criteria you set by using the second drop-down menu, as well as the members on which these criteria will be applied by selecting between All / Max/ Max%. You can also check the members selected by clicking on the Preview members button.
6. Tap on Add rule to further adjust the conditions of your segment.
7. When you are done, click on the Save segment button.
If you feel you need to learn more about segmentation before creating your own list segments, it's worth looking at a concrete example on how you can create a segment out of recipients who haven't opened a specific email campaign that you have sent out.