Using email list segmentation, you can define a specific audience subset inside your email marketing lists. For example, if you want to find which subscribers of a particular email list have not opened a specific email campaign, you can create a segment of that list that only contains those recipients.
To create a segment to find recipients who have not opened a specific campaign:
- In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab and click Segments.
- On the Audience page, hover your mouse over New, and click Segment.
- In the Select email list dialog, choose the email list where you want to create a segment and then click Start.
- Click Create custom segment to create your own segment.
- In the Segment name field, enter the name of your new segment. Make sure to use something that makes it easy to identify your segment and corresponding target audience.
- In the Fetch field, in the first drop-down list, select All.
- In the second drop-down list, select All.
- To set criteria for your segment, go to the Rules fields consisting of three drop-down lists.
- In the first drop-down list, select Specific Campaign Opened.
- In the second drop-down list, select is not.
- In the third drop-down list, select the specific campaign you want to check, for example Campaign A.
- Click Save segment. Your segment now calculates all your email list members that haven't opened the specific email campaign you chose.