Our platform's list segmentation option is really powerful, offering various criteria to choose from when you create segments to better target your audience. You can use the advanced segmentation options to find all the information that will help you make your email marketing campaigns more efficient.
If for instance, you want to find which subscribers of a particular list have not opened a specific email campaign, all you have to do is follow the instructions below and create a segment of that list that only contains those recipients.
1. At the top of your Dashboard page, hover your mouse over the Audience tab located at the top of your Dashboard page to reveal the drop-down menu and then click on the Segments option.
2. Once inside your Segment page, click on the New button at the right top corner and then on the Segment option.
3. On the pop-up window that appears, choose the email list in which you want to create a segment by the drop-down menu and then click on the Start button.
4. Click on the Create custom segment button.
5. Type in the name of your segment on the Segment name field.
Make sure that you give your segment an appropriate name and that it will be easy to remember.
6. Choose the All option on both of the drop-down menus below your Segment name.
Later on, when you set which criteria need to be fulfilled, your segment will contain all the recipients who match your criteria.
7. Click on the Select a criteria field, to choose the criteria by which your segment will be defined on the drop-down menu that appears.
8. Select the Specific Campaign Opened option, on the first drop-down menu.
9. Select the is not option, on the second drop-down menu.
10. Choose the campaign in question from the drop-down list.
The campaigns are listed from most to least popular.
11. Click on the Save segment button.
You have just created a segment that contains all the list members that haven't opened the specific email campaign you chose. However, you can always send them a more personal newsletter. See how to make your campaigns more personal by adding personalization tags.