You can easily find all the subscribers who haven't had the chance to get verified via our platform's double opt-in process, using our Segments feature. All you have to do is create a segment that will contain only those subscribers who are not double opt-in verified, and then send them a campaign, asking them to re-subscribe. If you have set up the double opt-in process, when they re-subscribe they will have to give you their consent.
To create a segment to find subscribers who are not double opt-in verified:
- In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab and click Segments.
- On the Audience page, hover your mouse over New, and click Segment.
- In the Select email list dialog, choose the email list where you want to create a segment and then click Start.
- Click Create custom segment to create your own segment.
- In the Segment name field, enter the name of your new segment. Make sure to use something that makes it easy to identify your segment and corresponding target audience.
- In the Fetch field, in the first drop-down list, select All.
- In the second drop-down list, select All.
- To set criteria for your segment, go to the Rules fields consisting of three drop-down lists.
- In the first drop-down list, select Verified for Double Opt-in.
- In the second drop-down list, select is false. This way all the subscribers who have not been verified via the double opt-in mechanism are selected by this segment.
- Click Save segment.
Note: When you have segmented your email list, you can contact the non-verified subscribers by including them in a campaign, and asking them to re-subscribe to your email list. Everyone who re-subscribes receives the confirmation e-mail you created, confirming their consent. Because the segment is dynamic, every subscriber who gets verified is automatically removed from the segment.