You can easily find all the subscribers who haven't had the chance to get verified via our platform's double opt-in process, using our Segments feature. All you have to do is create a segment that will contain only those subscribers who are not double opt-in verified, and then send them a campaign, asking them to re-subscribe. If you have set up the double opt-in process, when they re-subscribe they will have to give you their consent.
Let's see how this is done:
1. At the top of your Dashboard page, hover your mouse over the Audience tab located at the top of your Dashboard page to reveal the drop-down menu and then click on the Segments option.
2. Once inside your Segment page, click on the New button at the right top corner and then on the Segment option.
3. On the pop-up window that appears, choose the email list in which you want to create a segment by the drop-down menu and then click on the Start button.
4. Click on the Create custom segment button located on the right top corner.
5. Fill in your Segment name in the available text area. Use a name that will help you identify the segment easily. Then, click on the Select a criteria drop-down menu in order to set the criteria you wish.
6. Choose the Verified for Double Opt-in option.
7. Select the option is false, on the second drop-down menu.
This way all the subscribers who are not verified via the double opt-in mechanism are selected by this segment.
8. Click on the Save segment button when you are done.
Now that you have segmented your email list, you can contact the non-verified subscribers by sending them a campaign, asking them to re-subscribe to your list. Everyone who does so will receive the confirmation e-mail you created, giving you their consent. Don't forget that your segment is dynamic. This means that every subscriber who gets verified will automatically be removed from the segment.