One of the different import options in Moosend lets you upload your email marketing email list using an Excel file containing your contacts. You can use either XLS or XLSX files up to 40MB. If your content contains any special characters make sure you upload a UTF-8 file for maximum compatibility.
To import your contacts from a Excel file:
- In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab, and then click Email lists.
- Click the name of the email list you want to import contacts to.
- In the menu, click Perform bulk actions.
- On the Choose Bulk Action page, navigate to Import Members into List and click Select.
- In the pop-up dialog box that appears, navigate to the Excel File option and click Select.
- On the Data selection tab, click Browse and select the file that you want to import.
- If you have the consent from all subscribers in the list through the double opt-in process, select Yes, add them as verified, I do have consent from these members and click Next.
- On the Data Mapping tab, click each drop-down list and select the default fields or a custom field. If you want to map a specific column to a field, click the Map to drop-down list, then click the field to use, and click Next.
Note: If you have not mapped all the fields, a notification appears asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click Ignore and continue.
- On the Notification tab, select your preferred import completion notification and click Import.
- A pop-up dialog indicates that the import operation has been successfully queued. To view a report of the import operation, click Go there.
- Click View reports to see the details of when the import operation started or finished, how many members were added, updated, or ignored.