One of the different import options in Moosend lets you upload your email marketing email list using a CSV or TXT file containing your contacts up to 40MB in size. If your content contains any special characters make sure you upload a UTF-8 file for maximum compatibility.
To import your contacts from a CSV or TXT file:
- In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab, and then click Email lists.
- Click the name of the email list you want to import contacts to.
- In the menu, click Perform bulk actions.
- On the Choose Bulk Action page, navigate to Import Members into List and click Select.
- In the pop-up dialog box that appears, click to navigate to the CSV/TXT File option and click Select.
- On the Data selection tab, click Browse and select the file that you want to import.
Note: If the separator used in your file is not a tab, a comma, a semicolon, or a pipe delimiter, you have to enter it in the Enter a custom separator field.
- If you have the consent from all subscribers in the list through the double opt-in process, select Yes, add them as verified, I do have consent from these members, and click Next.
- On the Data Mapping tab, click each drop-down list and select the default fields or a custom field. If you want to map a specific column to a field, click the Map to drop-down list, then click the field to use, and click Next.
Note: If you have not mapped all the fields, a notification appears asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click Ignore and continue.
- On the Notification tab, select your preferred import completion notification and click Import.
- A pop-up dialog indicates that the import operation has been successfully queued. To view a report of the import operation, click Go there.
- Click View reports to see the details of when the import operation started or finished, how many members were added, updated, or ignored.