One of the different import options our platform offers to help you upload your email marketing email list is using a CSV file containing your new recipients. You can use either .csv or .txt files, of up to 40MB. If your content contains any special characters make sure you upload a UTF-8 file to achieve maximum compatibility.
The import process is easy and straightforward, just follow the steps described below:
A. Find the CSV File import option
1. At the top of your Dashboard page, hover your mouse over the Audience tab located at the top of your Dashboard page to reveal the drop-down menu and then click on the Email lists option.
2. Click on the name of the email list to which you want to add members.
3. On the vertical menu on the left, tap on the Perform bulk actions button.
4. On the menu that appears, select the option Import Members into List.
5. Once inside the corresponding pop-up window that appears, select the CSV / Text File option by clicking on the Select button below it.
B. Upload your CSV file
6. Click on the Browse button and select the CSV file you want to import from your computer.
7. If you have the consent from all those subscribers via the Double Opt-In process, you should click the checkbox: Yes, add them as verified, I do have consent from these members. Then, tap on Next.
C. Map the data
8. Map the columns of data you uploaded to your email list fields by clicking on each drop-down list and selecting the custom field that fits best. Fields Email and Name are available by default.
9. If you want to map a specific column to a field, continue by toggling the Map to switch to On and then clicking on the Next button. If you haven't mapped all fields, a notification will appear asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click on the Ignore and continue button.
D. Get notified
10. Choose if and how you want to be notified once the import process has been completed. Click on the Import button when you are ready to start the process.
11. A pop-up message will be displayed at the bottom of your page, informing you that your requested import operation has been successfully queued. To view a report of your import's progress, click on the Go there on the right side of the pop-up message.
12. Alternatively, click on Perform bulk actions once more.
13. Then, tap on the View reports button next to the Import Members into List option.
You can find when each import process was Started On, when it was Finished On, the numbers of Added and Updated members as well as more detailed Reports and the Method used for the import process.