One of the different import options in Moosend lets you copy and paste your email marketing email list into the platform. If you haven't directly added an online subscription form to your website yet, you can quickly upload up to 500 members who have opted to receive your newsletters using this method. If your list exceeds the 500 members limit, you can use other available import methods using CSV, TXT, Excel files or plugins.
To import your contacts by copy and paste:
- In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab, and then click Email lists.
- Click the name of the email list you want to add contacts to.
- In the menu, click Perform bulk actions.
- In the Choose Bulk Action page, navigate to Import Members into List and click Select.
- On the pop-up window that appears, go to the Paste Text option and click Select.
- On the Data selection tab, paste your list. You can use one contact per row and use commas ( , ) for separating each contact's fields.
- If you have the consent from all subscribers in the list through the the double opt-in process, select Yes, add them as verified, I do have consent from these members and click Next.
- On the Data Mapping tab, click each drop-down list and select the default fields or any created custom field that fits best. If you want to map a specific column to a field, Click the Map to dropdown, select the field to use, and click Next.
Note: If you have not mapped all the fields, a notification appears asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click Ignore and continue.
- On the Notification tab, select if and how you want to be notified once the import process has been completed and click Import. A pop-up message informs you that your requested import operation has been successfully queued. To view a report of your import's progress, click Go there.
Alternatively, you can click Perform bulk actions in the menu and click View Reports next to the Import Members into List option.You can view when each import process was Started On, Finished On, the numbers of Added and Updated members and other Reports and Method used for the import process.