One of the different import options in Moosend lets you copy and paste your email marketing email list into the platform. If you haven't directly added an online subscription form to your website yet, you can quickly upload up to 500 members who have opted to receive your newsletters using this method. If your list exceeds the 500 members limit, you can use other available import methods using CSV, TXT, Excel files or plugins.
To import your contacts by copy and paste:
- In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab and then click Email lists.
- Click the name of the email list you want to import contacts to.
- In the menu, click Perform bulk actions.
- On the Choose Bulk Action page, navigate to Import Members into List and click Select.
- In the pop-up dialog box that appears, navigate to the Paste Text option and click Select.
- On the Data selection tab, paste your list. You can use one contact per row and commas ( , ) to separate each contact's fields.
Note: You can always type the emails here and any other information you want to include, but it would be quicker to just copy and paste your list. As long as you separate information with a comma, you can add more than just the recipient's email address. We recommend that you use one line per subscriber.
- If you have the consent from all subscribers in the list through the double opt-in process, select Yes, add them as verified, I do have consent from these members and click Next.
- On the Data Mapping tab, click each drop-down list and select the default fields or a custom field. If you want to map a specific column to a field, click the Map to drop-down list, then click the field to use, and click Next.
Note: If you have not mapped all the fields, a notification appears asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click Ignore and continue.
- On the Notification tab, select if and how you want to be notified once the import process has been completed and click Import.
- A pop-up dialog indicates that the import operation has been successfully queued. To view a report of the import operation, click Go there.
- Click View reports to see the details of when the import operation started or finished, how many members were added, updated, or ignored.