You can edit the mobile version of your newsletter in the Campaign Editor using the Mobile Newsletter view. Just like when you're editing a desktop version, you can build the mobile version of your newsletter by editing the layout and items and adjusting the settings in the editor.
The following image shows the Mobile Newsletter icon, Settings, Display Orientation, and Revert options.
A. Switch to the Mobile Newsletter view
- On the top menu, click . The editor switches to the Mobile Newsletter view.
- Edit the mobile version of your newsletter by following the next procedures. Working in this view does not affect the desktop version of your newsletter.
Note: The following devices ignore changes made on the mobile version. In these cases, the editor applies the desktop version instead:
- Many Android email client versions, including Samsung Mail, ignore changes made on the mobile version.
- Gmail mobile app ignores changes in the background color of the mobile version.
- Gmail ignores changes when too many differences are applied.
B. Edit the layout, items, and general settings
- To edit the newsletter's general settings, on the left pane, in Settings, you can set the following:
- Border Width- enter the width or use the up and down arrows to edit the newsletter width.
- Border Color- select the color of the newsletter border. The default color is black.
- Background Color: select the newsletter background color.
- To edit a layout, click a layout in the editing area to display and edit the Layout settings in the editor's right pane. You can set the following:
- Layout Color- select the color of the layout. The default color is transparent
- Border Radius - enter the border radius or use the up and down arrows to edit the radius from 0 (rectangle) to 2000 (circle).
- Do not cascade blocks - select this option if you don't want to apply cascade the slots within your layout.
- To change the settings of the layout slots, click the Slot drop-down menu. You can set the following:
- Background Color: select the slot background color. The default color is transparent.
- Vertical Align: Select Top, Middle, or Bottom vertical alignment for items in the slot.
- Border Radius: enter the slot border radius or use the up and down arrows to edit the radius from 0 (rectangle) to 2000 (circle).
- Hide in mobile devices - select this option to hide the specific slot when viewing on mobile devices.
- To edit a specific item in your design, click the item to display and edit the item settings in the right pane as you would in the desktop view.
- To hide a layout, hover your mouse over a layout to display the Actions menu. Then click Hide.
C. Select display orientation
The Mobile Newsletter view allows you to display the slots of a layout vertically, to ensure that your design is optimized when viewed on the small screen of a mobile device.
- On the left pane, in Settings, scroll down to Display Orientation.
- Select vertical if you want to enable vertical slot display.
Note: To display slots vertically, the email client needs to support the use of media queries. The following email clients support media queries:
- iOS (iPhone/iPad)
- Android 4. x native client
- Android Outlook.com app
- Windows Phone 7.5
- BlackBerry OS 6
- BlackBerry OS 7
- BlackBerry Z10
- Kindle Fire native client
- To switch to a horizontal display orientation, select horizontal.
Note: Selecting either a vertical or a horizontal orientation changes the display of ALL slots in the newsletter. If you want to change the slot orientation of a specific layout, you can edit the Layout settings instead to cascade the blocks.
D. Revert changes
You can quickly revert any changes made to the mobile version of your newsletter.
- While in general settings, where Settings is displayed on the left pane, click in the editing area. to display the revert options.
- You can select the following options:
- Revert All Changes - reverts all changes made to the mobile version.
- Revert General Settings - reverts all general settings changes made to the mobile version in Settings.
- Revert Layout Orders -reverts the order of the layouts, in case you've changed them.
- Revert Layout Settings - reverts any changes made in Layout Settings.
- To revert changes made to an item, click the item and then click in the editing area.
- Click Revert Selected Item Settings.