One of the items in the Campaign Editor that you can use in designing your email marketing campaigns is a timer. You can add a timer in your newsletter to inform your subscribers about an upcoming event like a sale, a special offer, or a product launch. Adding a visual reminder that counts down to a specific date and time helps create a sense of urgency to make your subscribers take action.
After adding a layout, you can add a timer item to your design.
To add a timer item:
- In the editor’s left pane, click the Items tab.
- Drag and drop the Timer item to an empty full-width container in the editing area.
- Click the item to display the Timer settings in the editor’s right pane. You can set the following:
- Background Color: select the background color of the timer.
- Expiration Date: select the date and time for your timer to expire and then click OK.
- Select theme: select the Plain or the Boxes theme from the drop-down list. Additional settings are displayed if you select Boxes.
Note: The two themes refer to whether the generated countdown timer is displayed as numbers or text. You can check what the time looks like in the selected theme using the Preview mode.
- Font Family: select the font type of the text labels and counter numbers.
- Label Color: select the color of the text labels.
- Time Color: select the color of the counter numbers.
- Padding: click the lock icon to display these options: Padding Top, Padding Bottom, Padding Left and Padding Right, then enter the timer padding or use the up and down arrows to edit the padding from 0 to 2000.
- Alt Text: enter the alternative text description of the timer.
- Edit Labels: click to expand and customize the timer’s text labels. You can enter your preferred labels for Days, Hours, Minutes, and Seconds.
- If you selected the Boxes theme, you can edit the following settings:
- Border Width: enter the size or use the up and down arrows to edit the width of the box border from 0 to 29.
- Box Radius: enter the radius or use the up and down arrows to edit the box radius from 0 (square) to 60 (circle).
- Box Color: select the color of the box.
- Border Color: select the color of the box border.
- Click Generate Timer to save and apply the changes.