One of the items in the Campaign Editor that you can use in designing your email marketing campaigns is a video. You can add a video item in your newsletter to allow your subscribers to navigate to the video content easily, especially if they prefer watching over reading content.
After adding a layout, you can add a video item to your design.
To add a video item:
- In the editor’s left pane, click the Items tab.
- Drag and drop the Video item to an empty container in the editing area.
- Click the item to display the Video settings in the editor’s right pane. You can set the following:
- Background Color: select the background color of the video. The default color is transparent.
- Video Url: enter the URL of the video you want to link and click to apply the video URL.
Note: The video item may NOT work if you've entered a short URL for the video instead of a full link or if you haven't set the video to Public.
- Padding: enter the height or use the up and down arrows to edit the height of the video area.
- Add Image: click to browse and select a custom cover image for the video. The image is added to the container when successfully uploaded.
- Change Image: select a new image to replace the current one.
- Remove Image: click to delete the video’s cover image.
- Show Play icon: select to display a play icon on your video.
Note: When subscribers click the cover image or the play icon, the video does not start playing but instead redirects to the specified video URL.