One of the items in the Campaign Editor that you can use in designing your email marketing campaigns is a video. You can add a video item in your newsletter to allow your subscribers to navigate to the video content easily, especially if they prefer watching over reading content.
After adding a layout, you can add a video item to your design.
To add a video item:
- In the editor’s left pane, click the Items tab.
- Drag and drop the Video item to an empty layout in the editing area.
- Click the item to display the Video settings in the editor’s right pane. You can either scroll down to view the available settings or use the Search field to enter the name of the setting you want to edit. You can set the following:
- Background Color: select the background color of the video. The default color is transparent.
- Video Url: enter the URL of the video you want to link and click to apply the video URL.
Note: The video item may NOT work if you've entered a short URL for the video instead of a full link or if you haven't set the video to Public.
- Padding: enter the height or use the up and down arrows to edit the height of the video area.
- Border Width: enter the video border width or use the up and down arrows to edit the width.
- Border Color: select the video border color.
- Border Radius: enter the radius or use the up and down arrows to edit the video border radius from 0 (rectangle) to 2000 (circle).
- Add Image: click to browse and use the image picker to upload an image from your computer, or from a variety of applications. The custom cover image is added to the layout when successfully uploaded.
- Change Image: select a new image to replace the current one.
- Remove Image: click to delete the video’s cover image.
- Show Play icon: select to display a play icon on your video.
Note: When subscribers click the cover image or the play icon, the video does not start playing but instead redirects to the specified video URL.